Jeep question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Sorry wasn't sure where to post this but have a question about a jeep.

I'm looking for a jeep, I came across one near by. The owner said "We had it serviced with oil and filter, the cooling system was flushed (someone at one time has put stop leak in it). After flushing and deep cleaning, they did a pressure and leak test, which it passed. They did say it will need to be flushed again in a year. The hood struts were replaced." is it possible whatever the previous owner did worked as a permanent fix? Concerned the head gasket was failing and they put a bandaid on it and its just a ticking time bomb now. Any help is appreciated

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What year/type are you looking for?

what engine does the one your looking at have?

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
This is an 03 liberty with the 3.7

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's 14- 15 years old, anything could happen. 3.7 V6 is a good little engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bring it to Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country Member there since 2011.

Radiator has plastic side tanks from 02 to 06 that are prone to cracking in time and was probably reason for stop leak instead of new rad (Mopar only btw, others are way too cheap).

Other possiblity is water pump, also easy fix. Just replaced mine on jeep i sold at 9 years and 100000 km.

Head gasket replacement much more involved given the timing chain tensioner will retract if you remove the head. probably unlikely given what you've stated. Its not a 4.0L.

If you do get into the water pump just pull off lower rad hose to drain/ replace and replace thermostat and uppers at the same. HOAT coolant not OAT. plastic water pump impeller.