Lowered truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoviceTruckOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi 1500
Hi I am new to owning a truck and need some help. I am buying a 2014 1500 Ram 5.7 V8 Hemi. I plan on towing a travel trailer. The kicker is the truck has been perfesionally lowered. Everyone is making it sound it will be easy to take care of.

So here's my questions:

1) how would I find an original suspension setup for my truck, and what the heck do I need to buy?

2) Went to a truck customizer (total truck in Iowa) and they said that they can do a 4" lift and level and would not effect towing now should I need a drop hitch. (I would keep the stock 20s on).

3) What if I do nothing and leave it lowered? How does it effect towing? Besides the ride being rough as heck...

So before you ask why buy it at all. Getting it for 10k and even with money to lift it still a good deal with only 57k miles. Any input and help is appreciated, because I honestly just don't know.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please provide more detail. 2wd or 4x4? How is it lowered? Rear drop? Spindle drop, springs? Does it have helper bags in the rear?

OP
OP
N

NoviceTruckOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi 1500
Please provide more detail. 2wd or 4x4? How is it lowered? Rear drop? Spindle drop, springs? Does it have helper bags in the rear?

Its 2wd I will need to find out the rest I have no idea. I was just told it was professionally done with drop kit.

OP
OP
N

NoviceTruckOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi 1500

Its 2wd I will need to find out the rest I have no idea. I was just told it was professionally done with drop kit.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Hi I am new to owning a truck and need some help. I am buying a 2014 1500 Ram 5.7 V8 Hemi. I plan on towing a travel trailer. The kicker is the truck has been perfesionally lowered. Everyone is making it sound it will be easy to take care of.

So here's my questions:

1) how would I find an original suspension setup for my truck, and what the heck do I need to buy?

2) Went to a truck customizer (total truck in Iowa) and they said that they can do a 4" lift and level and would not effect towing now should I need a drop hitch. (I would keep the stock 20s on).

3) What if I do nothing and leave it lowered? How does it effect towing? Besides the ride being rough as heck...

So before you ask why buy it at all. Getting it for 10k and even with money to lift it still a good deal with only 57k miles. Any input and help is appreciated, because I honestly just don't know.

1) You can ask if anybody's that's done a lowering kit that wants to sell their stock parts, it'll probably be the cheapest way to do it.

2) You'd probably need a drop hitch with the 4" lift and you'd have the same squatting issues on the back end as you'd have with the lowering kit.

3) You can leave it lowered and run a set of AirLift 1000 air bags in the springs. Plenty of us lowered guys can tow with the lowering kits and air bags.

OP
OP
N

NoviceTruckOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi 1500
Unfortunately it will not allow me to post on the wanted forum.