Superchips Transmission Tuning Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Folks,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread specifically for transmission tuning information. A place where you can grab starter shift schedules, talk about settings, ask questions, etc. If you want to share your current schedules, that would be great! I can always update the server with your schedule, so others give your effort a try. I included in this first post some general information and the link to the shift schedule website. This is a powerful program. :)

Thanks,

Sil

Some helpful information for Ram Forum members about the transmission options:

SilsHemi said:
A synopsis of important information. Also, the transmission options FAQ is available here: Index of /superchips

Just an FYI to all and a very important step during the transmission options upgrade process.

In order to upgrade to the transmission options, when it's released, you must be VIN locked (your truck has to be tuned) during the update.

If you are not VIN locked (your truck is tuned) during the update, the upgrade will not go through.

This is a necessary step to electronically sign the legal waiver and authorize the upgrade.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's shift logic built into the program. It won't allow you to stack shifts. Excellent safety feature.

The most important part of setting your shift schedule is, just be mindful not to cross your up and down shifts. That's where you can force an up and down shift loop. The excel graph gives you a good visual of how this could happen and is the number one reason you should use the graphs.

You can set the up and down shifts closer. The closer, the quicker the up and down shift will transition, but stay away from overlap.

I've attached two example graphs to give you an idea. The first one is fine, the second is not.

RIGHT:

OK.jpg

WRONG:

WRONG.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jeremy (one of our beta testers) was nice enough to host user shift schedules on his website. Thanks J.

These schedules are user schedules and aren't endorsed by Superchips. Totally done by the beta testers. We have a few schedules up now and we'll add more as we go along. This will be an easy way to access user shift schedules.

Please bookmark the URL.

Here's the website: Index of /superchips

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New feature.

The feature will allow the user to choose Stock TM or Superchips TM, with either the Stock shift schedule or Superchips shift schedule. This will allow you to use Superchips tuning with any combination mentioned.

This is an either/or option. It does not offer the ability to fine tune like the transmission options will (when released).

It's a nice feature for those folks who prefer the stock schedule or stock torque management, with Superchips tuning.

The transmission options are VIN specific. They can't be moved from one VIN to another VIN.

The upgrade fee would apply to any new VIN.

Just a reminder.

Be aware that you have to choose your PCM model to view the correct PIDS for you truck in DAQ.

NGC4 2007+
NGC3 2006
NGC3 2004-2005

The reason I mention this is, you'll see both NGC3 and NGC4 in the menu.

SilsHemi said:
For those who do not have Microsoft Office, there's a great open source office software suite called OpenOffice.

OpenOffice will allow you open and work the excel spread sheets we use for shift schedules.

Here's the URL: OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

SilsHemi said:
Keep this in mind when sharing user shift schedules.

It's preferable you share shift schedules within the same model year. The reason being, throttle position percentages vary from year to year. Keep in mind they can still vary in the same year of truck in some circumstances.

Example: A 2007 Ram 2500 will not have the same throttle positions as a 2007 Ram 1500.

They may be similar in this case, but there will be variances.

SilsHemi said:
Another tip.

When inputting a shift schedule, you may not have the max value in a particular TP% available. Don't worry. As you enter your values for the next shift points (2,3, etc.), you can go back to those previous shifts and your max value will have increased. Now you can input the value that previously could not be entered.

This is the shift logic safety feature kicking in and protecting you from stacking shifts.

SilsHemi said:
Just a reminder in regards to torque management.

Setting torque management to 0% will not yield the best results. Leaving some TM in the mix produces a quicker shift.

The beta testers confirmed this during testing.

From the FAQ:

Q: Should I set torque management to 0% or leave in some percentage?

A: You should leave some TM in all of the shifts because the shifts will complete quicker with some load reduction. 0% doesn't necessarily mean a quicker shift; it means the engine is not reducing power during the shift. Think about it in the sense of friction, if you are applying torque to the transmission, the higher the friction. If you reduce it a little the lower the friction and this is a non-linear reduction. Too much torque and the truck will lag its shifts.

SilsHemi said:
Just a reminder.

The shift schedules the beta testers provide on the web server are their own personal schedules. Superchips had no input in these schedules whatsoever and they will not be providing any USER shift schedules. This is totally a USER custom tuning product for your transmission.

The reason for this reminder is, everyone has different thoughts on how our trucks should shift. Invariably there will be folks who load up a personal shift schedule and not like part of the schedule. This is when the USER comes into play and makes the necessary adjustments in the schedule to their liking.

Again, this is a USER custom tuning product. Please keep that in mind when working with the tuning. :)

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
i would love to post my schedule but i cant figure out how to post it here ?

I can e-mail it to you if you pm me your address

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i need to type my schedule up into a spreadsheet and figure out how to graph it and then i can get it on here....if i can figure out the graph if i post my spread can somebody help me...i need to run some errands and then ill type it up....

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
lets try ...

fail

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dave,

Sent you a PM. :)

Thanks,

Sil

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm also looking for some tweaked 2006 5.7 schedules to place on the server and looking for some 2007, 2008, etc., 4.7 schedules as well.

If you have a schedule in excel format, post it and I'll put it on the server.

Thanks,

Sil

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
sent bud , thanks

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's on the server Dave. Thank you.

Sil

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
and apologies to mark .... i used you spread sheet to do mine but forgot to take your name off of it ... sorry

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This thread is exactly what I am looking for. I am going to order a 3865 on Monday and I have been reading about the trans tuning on other forums.

Can someone recommend a good fairly aggressive shift schedule for my '05 that I can use as a starting point when I get mine.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Scott's or Bills is on the list for 05 .. pick one

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw both, I wasn't sure about Bill's because it said 4.56, I only have 3.92 gears

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
then go with scotts

the gears dont matter you can run any tune with 3:92's

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know the gears don't matter with the tun, I just thought the shift points are probably set up to optimize his 4.56s

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
sorry guys got busy will do so later...and besides im using dons right now and ill be tweaking it soon....

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got my SC3865 today and installed it, removing my DSP tune. I also got the trans tuning and loaded scott's schedule. Seems good so far.

Question: What is everyone running for the torque management %?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
8 percent.