RA2 5.o Radio COMPASS SIGNAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just upgraded from the RA1 TO THE RA2 , my Q is how do I achieve a compass signal ? Do I need to install the dual shark FIN antenna or a separate antenna , or can this be flashed in by the dealer ? Thanks in advance on your response !

aa4b737c9c44c71a927432adac68047e.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You need an antenna.

It doesn't have to be affixed to the roof. It can sit under the dash pad if you like.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice , where do I hook it up ? On the radio or elsewhere ? I've already plugged in all avail connections on the back of the radio .

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need the compass module that is located behind the overhead console which your truck didn't come with. I have not heard of just plugging in a shark fin antenna in a RA2 to make it work. If you can it's news to me. If you had an RA1 to start with you will need to run the wires to the correct pins on the drivers side that go down the drivers side A pillar behind the dash to hook up the compass module. I just did it to my friends but we got lucky and got the wiring harness out of a wrecked Bighorn and plugged it in. You cannot buy just the harness. All of the wiring is glued to the headliner and is sold as a unit. We installed the overhead console with homelink/ compass module because we happened to have one but you can install the basic compass module without homelink as well.. You will also need to activate the sales code CV2 in order for the homelink to show up if you add a compass module that has it. There are posts that tell you exactly where to run the wires. You just need to find them or find a harness. Very doable but you need to hook it all up.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
^^^This^^^

I took a picture of the part number once. If I can find it I'll post the pic of the compass module from the overhead.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea the part number is different for the 2013 and up compass module.This is the one that came out of my 2014 this is the part number you would need for the non Homelink compass module.

Attachments

• 1436029814330.jpg
    1436029814330.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 209

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry pic came out a little fuzzy the part number is 68105821AB

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry pic came out a little fuzzy the part number is 68105821AB
The picture is fine on my end !
Thanks Rick , PM me and I'll give you my shipping address , ya know so you can just send it to me ! Lol !

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BTW for all you guys with the factory RA2 radio if you pull down your overhead console and change it out for one with a homelink console it's a plug and play. The truck already has the sales code because we already have the overhead console. I did it to mine and it works perfectly. All of the commands come up in the E.V.I.C just like it's supposed to. Just make sure you get a homelink out of a 2013 or newer they are different.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How much did you pick up the module for?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The picture is fine on my end !
Thanks Rick , PM me and I'll give you my shipping address , ya know so you can just send it to me ! Lol !

Lol that one's already kinda spoken for but he hasn't come through yet. I will keep you in mind if it doesn't happen. They are not to hard to find If you check on e Bay they come up a lot.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much did you pick up the module for?

Got it for 100.00 on ebay. I am sure they are on Car-Part.com as well but I haven't checked there.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So , I'd need the compass module, overhead console , harness ( if I can ) and CV2 Flashed in .

What is homelink ??

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes if you want the Homelink to show up on your E.V.I.C when you push the button. The Homelink is a garage door opener. It has three different channels to program 3 different garage door codes. It would be super simple if you can find a harness but for some reason most of the junkyards throw them away or cut them up

Attachments

• 20141229_112846.jpg
    20141229_112846.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man I love this Forum ! I've been on many forums in the past for college football , archery , deer , turkey &bear hunting , fishing multiple types of fish . THIS IS MY 1RST VEHICLE FORUM and I gotta tell ya , this is better than anything I imagined!
Only one problem with this Damn Dodge RAMFORUM (no Z ) , It's costing me a mint ! LOL I've got the mod bug bad ! Isn't there a pill or shot to fix this bug ? Hell I've already spent next year's income tax return , cause I'll be installing a 6" BDS suspension lift and likely a PA 3 " body lift and 37" tires and 17x10" wheels , thank GOD I'm a mechanic and I'm not paying anyone labor !
Happy birthday America! ! Have a happy 4th !!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol join the club. I pretty much rebuilt my whole truck! I only leveled it with Bilstein 5100's so far but a 4" lift with tires and wheels is coming next.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
You need the compass module that is located behind the overhead console which your truck didn't come with. I have not heard of just plugging in a shark fin antenna in a RA2 to make it work. If you can it's news to me. If you had an RA1 to start with you will need to run the wires to the correct pins on the drivers side that go down the drivers side A pillar behind the dash to hook up the compass module. I just did it to my friends but we got lucky and got the wiring harness out of a wrecked Bighorn and plugged it in. You cannot buy just the harness. All of the wiring is glued to the headliner and is sold as a unit. We installed the overhead console with homelink/ compass module because we happened to have one but you can install the basic compass module without homelink as well.. You will also need to activate the sales code CV2 in order for the homelink to show up if you add a compass module that has it. There are posts that tell you exactly where to run the wires. You just need to find them or find a harness. Very doable but you need to hook it all up.

Does his compass work with the CV2 sales code also?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes the compass worked. We did it last summer so I can't remember for sure but I am pretty sure it didn't show up in the radio until we added the sales code.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Yes the compass worked. We did it last summer so I can't remember for sure but I am pretty sure it didn't show up in the radio until we added the sales code.

You sir are a savior. Going tomorrow AM to get that added then :D

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol glad to help. I am 99% sure the sales code was CV2 but not positive. If they have any questions it's the sales code for the overhead console option. Also on another note. The compass showed up on his radio but not in his E.V.I.C. I was there when they added the sales code. I noticed there was a code for the RA2 radio. I am thinking maybe if you have them add that code as well maybe your compass will come up on your E.V.I.C. like the trucks that came with the RA2 do. Also while you are there the mirror blinker and puddle light code is LEB and LEC in case you want to add them later I did mine and they work fine.