03 3500 4x4 which moog ball joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WolfgangRamhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
as is 2003 dodge ram 3500 5.9l diesel 4x4 with 248k km/154k mi
gear steering and solid front axle, quad cab. Laramie i think? its got leather and power everything alpine stereo

Im new to the ram world and this truck needs tlc but i cant even figure out which ball joints i need...
i tried online, moog live chat, called a few part stores but i keep getting different part #'s when i ask for a basic moog set for this truck. I really want to fix it myself and not have to bring it in much.

Please, can anyone shed some light on this situation for me? and/or anyone know which moog part #'s i need for upper and lower balljoints? This would be most helpful and i would be forever grateful to ramform:waytogo:

i think i need k7460 and k7467?

Last edited:

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
So I can’t really help with your search, but I would suggest searching up different brands other than moog. I got some moog lowers for my 1500 and one of them has already went bad after 5k miles. I thought it was just a fluke, but then I began reading a lot on here and different forums about moog quality taking a nosedive.

Pretty unfortunate, but theres a few alternatives out there for HDs. Carli and EMF ball joints seem to be pretty well regarded by cummins guys. A bit pricier, but at least you wont be under there doing them again within 5k miles like I will be

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Carli I believe is the brand that look like really well made. Moog has been outsourced to China for their production and as a result the quality has gone down hill ,over the curb and into the ditch on all their products. Sucks to lose another American parts manufacturer.

beng3303

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 2500 HD
Engine
5.7- Non mds
Like fishstickz said, Moog ball joints are now outsourced to foreign mfd's who dont have very good quality standards. EMF and Carli are more spendy but they do carry a lifetime warranty and can be cleaned and greased unlike a lot of manufacturers. It is a big enough job to replace them, I wouldn't want to do it more than once. Here is a video by CJC offroad comparing the differences. These are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for

grpht03ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you buy Moog, make sure you get the "problem solver" line. Those are usually still made in USA and are a lot better quality than their cheaper stuff.

I changed lower and upper ball joints and tie rods with moog problem solver. Its been 7 years. Still no problems.
The sway bar links were junk though. I did have to replace those and went with another brand. This is on a 2003 1500 4x2