'04 4.7 has no mojo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured the results would at least put it at stock hemi levels, but it's a little low...wonder if the lack of intercooler has something to do with it. Probably why Airram used the Cobra version:

s-l1600.jpg

Plenty of room behind the grille and bumper for an external one though
How would you put an external air to air intercooler on a roots type supercharger? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that before. They are usually water-air, never seen air-air on a roots.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's what happens when you're nodding off lol...apparently forgot for a minute it wasn't centrifugal...only way it would work would be some kind of pre-TB charge air cooler, cool it prior to entering the blower.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what happens when you're nodding off lol...apparently forgot for a minute it wasn't centrifugal...only way it would work would be some kind of pre-TB charge air cooler, cool it prior to entering the blower.
I was pretty sure it was essentially impossible, but I didn’t know if you knew something I didn’t. Lol

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After I bought my 06 4.7 several years ago, I felt the same way - this thing doesn't have much power. With a Superchips tuner, 91 octane and either the tow/haul or performance tune I felt a big improvement. Then I installed an Airaid cold air intake and Gibson headers which really increased its power and throttle response.

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
I wonder if it would feel laggy ducted through a remote air to air cooler.
Jesus for the price of that supercharger you can just pay to put a hemi in it lol. I got the crappy 4.7 in my truck. Rebuilt it and yada yada and I just bought a donor truck with a hemi in it to get rid of it. The 4.7 does the job and gets me where I want to be but I want more power. If you want the feeling of being able to go over 70 and hold speed just do a gear swap to 4.10s or 4.56s. Got 4.56s in mine and I'm doing great. Also yes these motors get a **** load of sludge in them. Look at my thread on when I rebuilt the motor and see what the inside looked liked.

OP
OP
S

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I seriously doubt I could get a hemi, a new PCM, and all the other bits to do the swap for anything close to what that blower kit costs.