04 hemi tuning ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's been a while since I've been on this site. I was active back when I owned my 11 ram 1500. Since than I sold it and am now in a 2004 ram 3500 dually with a hemi. Perfectly content with the truck for what it is.

Anyways, I'm looking at a tuner right now for the truck. The majority says that superchips is the way to go if your just doing bolt ons. I'm looking for CURRENT SC models to use. Everyone says 3865 or 3815. Cant buy either of them any more. Or I can't find any new. I don't want a used tuner. And I want the advanced Trans tuning anyways. So what is the New tuner from SC for our trucks? The 3842, 3845.... What? They all say the same thing in the description but real world I'm sure is gonna make a difference which works better. It seems the 3845 is the newest F5 platform.. Please help all post about SC flashpaq for our trucks are outdated....

Also, side note, I would like to purchase an edge insight or similar to monitor the trucks vitals only. I can tune the truck and plug in a monitor with out issue correct?

Thanks for any help in advanced

Last edited:

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Their website has a new "F5, 3845" but no description of what it does.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get a Diablo,

An just for ***** an giggles what kinda mpg you get in a 3500 hemi dullay?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Get a Diablo,

An just for ***** an giggles what kinda mpg you get in a 3500 hemi dullay?

An just for ***** an giggles what kinda GPM you get in a 3500 hemi dually?

Fixed it for you lol

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm getting a tuner more so for Trans tuning than anything else, and I was under the assumption that superchips was the only way to go to do that. Why do you recommend Diablo?

And I get 9 around town so far. Haven't driven it long distance yet but highway is around 13. Loaded I see no more than 9. I got rid of my powerstroke for this truck. I'll pay the gas for a v8 any day before I ever go back to the cost of owning a v8 diesel. I'd have a cummins if I could afford the diamond price tag everyone wants for they're junk. The hemi does what I need

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah sorry I didn't realize you had an 04. Duh lol. Yea I would get a 3865 I know you said you don't want used. I've had 4 different tuners on my truck an they were all used with no problems. You can pick up a 3865 cheap when they pop up in the classifieds.