04 hemi ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Clean you Throttle body and floor the pedal.

Can you be more specific with you question.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Programer and luck

OP
OP
M

mountaingoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well on my bullydog it only shows 80% when i put the hammer down and i dont understand y its quick but i was just wondring it does it while its set on factory programming or while its all the way tuned up

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only way you can tell if its reading right is tp take your intake off, get the truck running, then have someone watch the throttle blade open as you rev the motor in neutral. The bullydog can be wrong. Believe me, mine has given me issues.....

It aint easy.... bein' Easy ;)

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I wouldnt trust the Bully Dog. To make sure the TB is working at 100% range of motion you can check it with a Snap-On Solstus or hook up the Mopar scan tool and do a check. Are you just feeling a lack of power or what?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Get a custom TB :********:

OP
OP
M

mountaingoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No its just kinda wierd and i can push the throttle and when i get it to where it shows 80% i still got quite a bit of pedal left to mash down on and when i do it dont make any difference and still shows 80%

OP
OP
M

mountaingoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Haha thatd be tough ill do it when i get back to my truck

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
From what I have read, you will not get a full 100% open with an electronic throttle body due to the PCM/ECU controlling the motors that open the plate. This holds true for almost every new car out there with the fly-by-wire throttle body since the pcm doesnt want to use the extremes on either end, so stopped - 0 throttle would be right around 8-12% open, and WOT or 100% throttle would only equal 80-90% open. Cable driven throttle bodies can go 100% with slight modifications but a stock fly by wire will not.

The throttle body uses a pair of potentiometers to measure the angle of the throttle plate. The potentiometers are oriented opposite one another, so as the reading from one goes up, the other goes down. This is a redundancy feature in case one potentiometer fails. There is a similar pair in the accelerator pedal. The deal with potentiometers is you shouldn't use the very lowest or highest areas of their range. Potentiometers become inaccurate at their extreme. So, the range from closed throttle to WOT may go from 12% to 88% or something like that. I would never expect to see 0% or 100%.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Easiest way would have a passenger shooting it. The pitch of the motor should let us know if your running at true WOT or sounds like there is more in it.

Edit: Ryan good find. I think a quick hook up to a Mopar scanner will show if his TB is fully opertaing just to cancel out any doubt in the OP's mind.

Last edited: