04 ram 1500 4.7 please help!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Jenigen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced fuel pump and every sensor with the exception of the 02 sensors. The truck will start right up if sitting for a while, run for about two minutes and die out. Then it will be hard to start and will not be able to keep it running without foot on accelerator. All sensors replaced with mopar parts. Its throwing a p0068 code and a P108 code map high electrical circuit. please help put felllas

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure your air flow sensor is inserted in air intake, seen it before.
That grommet dry rots causing sensor to fall out or sit sideways.

And have you already replaced the TPS ?

OP
OP
Mark Jenigen

Mark Jenigen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes sir I have replaced the TPS with mopar.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If the fuel filter is a separate unit, make sure it was installed correctly. Not sure if it can be reversed, but did that on an old car I had and same issue, would start and run, then die out. Good luck

OP
OP
Mark Jenigen

Mark Jenigen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ust updating re starting this. I still do not have the truck on the road. Its still throwing the map sensor high voltage code. I got it running the other day an d unplugged all the sensors.... it ran and stayed started for the first time since it overheated. Could the wiring be bad to the plug

OP
OP
Mark Jenigen

Mark Jenigen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another update: Once the truck started I immediately pulled the map sensor which made it atleast stay running. Any suggestions. It ran rough as hell but at least it stayed running

OP
OP
Mark Jenigen

Mark Jenigen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All of it is out of the truck, I am sure it has something to do with the map sensor... I just cant figure it out, truck has been down three months now.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it ran and stayed started for the first time since it overheated.

Mark, you said it overheated how bad, did you do any engine damage or any electrical damage, I would pressure test the cooling system, do a leak down test and a compression test. Beautiful Shepard he's mad at someone!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark Jenigen

Mark Jenigen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was a short period of time, not long. I did put a pinhole in the rad which i already replaced. Thank you. How do i do pressure test all those systems? Its only throwing the high volt map sensor code.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How's the connectors for the sensors, they operate on low voltage and a bad ground or positive will create havoc, you have to get a compression tester kit and a leak down gauge using compressed air, you can buy them on Amazon they are not that much, maybe you will use them again?

OP
OP
Mark Jenigen

Mark Jenigen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took the connector off today of the map sensor once I got the truck running. It stayed running until i put the map sensor back on. That is why I am thinking that plug is badI think I am going to put a new connector on the map sensor, it looks ok but who knows. I am going to test it first this week. I know I am so close to getting her back on the road.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How's the connectors for the sensors, they operate on low voltage and a bad ground or positive will create havoc, you have to get a compression tester kit and a leak down gauge using compressed air, you can buy them on Amazon they are not that much, maybe you will use them again?

Then you want to bring whatever cylinder you think there's a leak in, to top dead center,( probably doing this to all 8) which closes the exhaust valve and intake valve. And you're going to pump air into the cylinder to see where most of the air is escaping.. it's either coming out the exhaust intake, or past the piston rings. Not sure if your gonna do this. Just thought I would add to it.

OP
OP
Mark Jenigen

Mark Jenigen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I found a major problem, the crankcase breather tube that plugs into the the motor on both sides was cracked and the pcv valve is shot, adding to my problems.