06 Ram MC Rear Door Sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hello

I've noticed my driver side rear door on my megacab is hitting the latch when closing it, is there a user adjustable component to this? It's only affecting the one door and to my knowledge nothing significant has happened to cause this to happen.

thanks.

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try grabbing the end of the door and move it up and down. If there's a lot of play, you need new bushings. If there's no play, then either the door sagged for some reason like a loose or bent hinge or the striker is out of adjustment. Look at the door gap all the way around and make sure it's even, if it is I'd adjust the striker and leave it be.

OP
OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I checked the door alignment and it looks good. There's no play in the hinges, I'm going to try to lower the catch a bit tomorrow to see if we can get it to line up...

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how did it work out? those doors are heavy and can distort the hinge side of door if its pulled down on.

OP
OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I didn't find any play in the hinge so I lowered the catch a hair and it fixed the problem. Door is still in alignment and square to the pocket.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's cool, at least it was something simple.