06 Ram, turn signal , replace TIPM , Issue still there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Ramtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,

I have a 2006 dodge ram that has been a pain!! I don;t really use it because i've had electrical / turn signal issues off and on for 2 years now. It started small , I would pull the turn signal switch down to turn left and lights would flash to the right. or it would not flash at all. Even if I would turn on my night driving lights at times they wouldnt turn on. After swapping bulbs around I realized the bulbs are fine, im not getting 12v to theplugs.

After some research , I found that the TIPM on these trucks is an issue, so I replaced the TIPM . MULTI something switch ( turn signal ) , removed all led bulbs and the problem was GONE!

Now a year later , I'm not getting power to the rear license plate light and when I turn on the lights they all turn on except the driver rear lights but when I engage the turn signal to the left the light does turn on. I should also mention that something weird is going on with the cluster and the headlight switch. The dome lights and map turn on when the headlight switch wheel is in any position but all the way down on the last click. Also when I turn the headlight switch on the cluster turns on as it should then turns off.

I AM LOST! what else could it be? ECM? Oh yeah I purchased a cluster and the issue carried over to the new cluster so thats not it.

Please help.

-

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ground connections corrode over time, remove and clean any and every ground you can find. Redundancy is the ticket to success, do not be afraid to add more grounds. With bad grounds the power will look for any way to complete a circuit , called back feeding.