'07 1500 A/C Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07ramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my '07 QC SLT HEMI.. It started last year, but due to being on the road for weeks at a time working, it wasn't a big deal.

OK: When the a/c is on, after about 45 minutes,sometimes less, the fan output just drops off. It will get to the point that you have it on high, & theres little to no air flow. Even with a normal flow, I can flip the speed knob rapidly from Off to High, & as you do it will gradually slow down to low speed.

My first thought was that it was low on 134, checked it & its all normal,I've changed the blower motor resister, checked all the fuses, pulled the glove box & checked the recirc door & blend door, its all good.

Is it possibly the blower motor itself? or the speed switch?

Thanks,

Matt

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off welcome!

huh thats weird, never heard of that before. My only guess would be the blower motor goin out. Maybe someone else will chime in thats experienced this before...

OP
OP

07ramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I thought sure changing the resistor would solve the problem.. But I had a couple hour drive the other day, & like clockwork around 45-50 mins it started dying out..It honestly makes you think its freezing up. But I've gotten into the truck after a 10-12 hr day @ work, where its been sitting in 100* NC weather, & it'll do the same thing. Its very random.

drkmtr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing I can think of is either the switch is getting hot and causing too much resistance in the wiring and that is slowing the motor or some other part of the wiring is getting hot and reducing the voltage flow to the motor.