07 Clunk in Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firk06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Alright guys, I'm stumped.

I'm hearing a loud clunking/banging noise in the front end of my truck. It does it when turning and going straight, up to about 40 mph, after the 4wd has been used and turned back off, and usually when the truck is cold. I recently replaced the tie rod ends and when I took it in for the alignment the dealership found the water pump leaking and had the replaced. Looked under the truck for 45 min and couldn't see anything obviously wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check your sway bar end links and the sway bar itself. A friend had noise issues on his 08 1500, turned out his sway bar was loose. Worn end links can also cause clunking.

freddyx844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 on LPG
I have a similar problem, didn't go away after fitting moog links and new bushes on the sway bar. Trucks in the shop soon for other work but I plan to have oem links fitted and new lower ball joints, hoping that sorts it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine is a 2wd and I had some clunking, turned out to be lower control arm. It was basically wiggling back and forth on the bolt

thzpcs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 V10
End links, sway bar, control arm. Those would be the first things I'd check.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would also check the shocks since the bushings in the end links can get worn out over time.