09 ram windows and power mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey everyone first time posting to the forums. I've got a 2009 ram 1500 5.7 hemi slt. and everything worked fine till one day when the drivers window wouldn't roll down. I noticed the passenger window wouldn't ether unless I did it from the passenger window switch. the rears would roll down from the master switch. I also have no power to the power mirrors. they are not the folding ones jus the stock moving ones. I've checked the fuse and the ground wire by the kick panel on the drivers side. someone said to check that but reaching out to see if anyone else had the same problem?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could be the actual switch. But.... you might try pulling back ..and working the rubber boot in the door jamb loose. Pull back and inspect wires in there for cracking or broken (and frayed). It's not uncommon on older vehicles (any make) with a lot of door opening/closings. Esp in regions where it gets cold in the winter and wires become stiff and brittle.

Case in point: On my VW Jetta, 23 of the 25 wires in the door jamb, the plastic coating was cracked when I checked it out! And about 3 or 4 wires broken & frayed. I removed the harness & resolderd and taped them. At the time I didn't have time to wait for a new harness. It's held up.

OP
OP
G

Gilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my though was if the wires were bad or had any problems that the speakers or window switch wouldn't work at all. being I can still roll the rear windows down with the master switch.

Tom Davis

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sounds like the switch went bad. They are simple to replace, as they just pop out and there is one connector that plugs into it. I replaced mine a few years back with one from Advance Auto. Think the part was something like $90 (give or take a few$), but there was a $100 core charge for it. They had to order it, so when it came in I just popped it out and took the old one in the store with me, and popped the new one in right there in the parking lot. About 2 minutes total to replace.