Front Windows, Door Locks, Power Mirrors not working (tried all the common fixes but nothing works)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PacificTiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (Jasper Motors)
I have read a few discussions on the issue I’m having. No one has a definitive answer on the issue. People have said it’s the Door Control Module, I tried three different DCMs, didn’t fix it. It may be a blown fuse, it’s not; the fuse is fine. It might be the door control switch, I bought a new one didn’t fix it. So I got a whole new door wiring harness. Still nothing.

I have found that there is power being conducted to the door control switch, but the buttons won’t work. I can roll down the rear windows and lock the controls for the rear windows because they’re hardwired in.
But I can’t roll down or up my front windows or lock or unlock the doors or use the power mirrors. The door control switch lights up meaning there’s power going to it. So I thought maybe the interior ground connection was bad at the kick plate on the driver side floor, I cleaned it and nothing happened.

So why can’t I use the front window controls? I am so lost, I’ve spent three days tearing apart my truck trying to find an issue and every single time I get the same conclusion. I’m clueless.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Does the passenger side window & door lock work when using the passenger door switch ?

Nakedspood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Having the exact same issues with my 2014, swapped switches, modules, harnesses, and been through fuses. Thinking it’s probably a snagged wire somewhere. Will update when a solution is found.

OP
OP
P

PacificTiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (Jasper Motors)
Having the exact same issues with my 2014, swapped switches, modules, harnesses, and been through fuses. Thinking it’s probably a snagged wire somewhere. Will update when a solution is found.
Please keep me posted. I’ve been picking my brain and I can’t figure it out. I’m wondering if the problem is somewhere behind the dash, maybe?

Pilgrimtodd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I am having the exact same issue with my 2014 Ram 2500. I have found that when I remove the fuse and put it right back in, then it kind of resets itself. This will work normally for about a week before it happens again. I hope this helps.

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you disconnected your battery and left it unconnected for about a half hour yet. Your going to think I'm nuts but sometimes it re-calibrates the modules. All the electronics in these vehicles can be a nightmare sometimes. What it sounds like is you have a broken wire in the window controller. It took me 5 controllers to get one that worked properly each one bought from ram and the one that worked for me was sold by rock auto for half the cost. Just my opinion

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357