12V charging through 7-way connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That's pretty much the standard, though going with more CCA doesn't necessarily hurt you, especially if you've got a bigger camper with more circuits. The newer batteries are supposedly better, but frankly I've never had a need to go away from a standard deep cycle marine/rv battery.
Having more power is never a bad thing. I've never heard anyone say, "Gee, I wish I had gone with the smaller outboard when I bought this boat." :cool:

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
That's pretty much the standard, though going with more CCA doesn't necessarily hurt you, especially if you've got a bigger camper with more circuits. The newer batteries are supposedly better, but frankly I've never had a need to go away from a standard deep cycle marine/rv battery.
Yeah, I don't plan on doing much, if any boondocking, so this battery, along with the solar panel that helps charge it works fine for my needs. I don't really want (or need) to throw a bunch of money at Lion batteries.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I always find it interesting that a battery manufacturer will put both Ah and RC on a label, but when you do the math it doesn't add up. While 88 Ah is not bad, 160 RC computes to 66 Ah.

There are two ways to compute Ah from RC. One is to divide the RC by 60, then multiply that number by 25 - (RC/60)x25. The other, and much simpler, way is to just multiply the RC by .417 - RCx0.417. In your case a 160 RC is about 66 AH - 160/0.417 = 66.7Ah. So I think the manufacturers want to push their Ah as high as physically possible as a sales thing. Still, even if you are only getting 66 AH that's even more impressive and tells me your 10 cu-ft fridge is even more energy efficient.
Yeah, the fridge is pretty decent as far as I can tell as far as efficiency goes. It's still new, so time will tell if it holds up...