14’ Projector headlight issue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
hey everyone. New to the community, anyone else having issues with factory projector headlights with burning out turn signals? I have both turn signals out 117,000km

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hey everyone. New to the community, anyone else having issues with factory projector headlights with burning out turn signals? I have both turn signals out 117,000km

Welcome!

I had this happen in my 15 ram. One of the LED bulbs for signal in the front projector burnt out which caused a signal light out code and my mirror signal hyperflashed. The only way that i figured out out to fix it was with a switchback from diode dynamics or something of the same. I ended up trading it in so it became the dealers problem lol

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Which turn signals are burning out? The LED ones inside the projector headlights or the rear ones? The front ones are led strips and while it's not impossible for one to burn out, it's pretty rare. I see you are in CA though, does your truck use the front turn signals as Daytime Running Lights?

-K

OP
OP
R

rick marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Both front turn signals are burnt out. Still some leds working. But a lot are burnt out. Both mirror signals hyper flash. Have a third brake light issue. Every time I hit the brake pedal. My dash says brake light out, Also just noticed this morning. My left rear tail light is falling out. Truck has never been in an accident both clips are broken. Had to tape the light in for my drive to work today. Why is this truck being a nightmare !!

hunterco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. the short story is condensation. I bought a set of OEM projectors that had this problem knowing I was going to change the switchbacks to RGB. Then I sealed the lens and vented the back of the housing. I am still in the testing phase for a couple of different theories. If I am not mistaken, some have had success getting the dealer to replace the headlight.

OP
OP
R

rick marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone on here from the Milton,on area? So I do recall I put LED bulbs in and the bulbs stuck out further than the covers,well my dumba** lost the covers. I still got warranty but no covers. Soon as they see that. I’m at fault ! Anyone on here have a set of covers I can borrow to take this thing in to the dealer ? I’m not about to go buy new headlights !

hunterco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The covers are the same for either quads or projectors. You should be able to pick up quads pretty cheap. Or maybe the covers have a part number. I know the screws do. I am having the same problem finding bulb retaining clips.