14 express premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
The ones that wouldn't send pics I just went off the VIN. I used the build sheet page on Chryslers site to see if the truck had the Premium Display Package and uConnect 5.0.

-JT

nbbowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May have just found one with 15k mikes on it . Waiting for them to send pics . I sure hope it is the right one .. Have to love a direct fit for such an upgrade

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely going to see if I can find one now that I have seen this. I miss having this. I had a 13 Lone Star with the nice cluster and hate the on my Express.

wangatang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
you guys foresee any issues with the warranty? I know the pcm and instrument console store different miles, just curious if anyone has received any hassle from the dealer for any work.

OP
OP
OutlawTrucker

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I waited to pit mine in until the mileage equaled exactly. So the Pcm/cluster agree to the 1/10th of a mile.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
you guys foresee any issues with the warranty? I know the pcm and instrument console store different miles, just curious if anyone has received any hassle from the dealer for any work.
I've had a leaking 3rd brake light and a rear door handle repaired under warranty. Took it in with the old cluster brought it back once parts were in with the new one.

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got me a premium cluster for my '14 Express truck for Christmas. I sent it off to the Instrument Cluster Store today to have the mileage, idle and drive hours set to match my current cluster.

Just a 'heads up' that they have raised the price to $300 to do this to the clusters. The $300 does include return postage back to you via Fedex. You have to pay to send the cluster to them. They are located in PA.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I got me a premium cluster for my '14 Express truck for Christmas. I sent it off to the Instrument Cluster Store today to have the mileage, idle and drive hours set to match my current cluster.

Just a 'heads up' that they have raised the price to $300 to do this to the clusters. The $300 does include return postage back to you via Fedex. You have to pay to send the cluster to them. They are located in PA.
Seriously???? They increased it, that sucks???? Guess it's a good thing I sent mine when I did.

-JT

Last edited:

danhorntx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was perfectly happy with my instrument cluster until I saw this thread. :/

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
WOW, I am glad I had mine done when I did! I guess more people doing them and probably figured out they are one of the few, they could charge extra. They do good work though!!

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seriously???? They increased it, that sucks???? Guess it's a good thing I sent mine when I did.

-JT

Yeah, even though I got my cluster from a local salvage yard for a good price the cost of shipping the cluster to them ($16) and the extra $100 still makes for a pretty expensive upgrade.

WOW, I am glad I had mine done when I did! I guess more people doing them and probably figured out they are one of the few, they could charge extra. They do good work though!!

I asked them about the $100 price increase and they said they are one of the few places to be able to do this and mentioned that one of the other places was in Canada and they charged $425.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah, even though I got my cluster from a local salvage yard for a good price the cost of shipping the cluster to them ($16) and the extra $100 still makes for a pretty expensive upgrade.

I asked them about the $100 price increase and they said they are one of the few places to be able to do this and mentioned that one of the other places was in Canada and they charged $425.
The only way to make it somewhat affordable is to buy one with more miles and wait it out. I wasn't willing to wait a year to do the swap.

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only way to make it somewhat affordable is to buy one with more miles and wait it out. I wasn't willing to wait a year to do the swap.

I agree!

I would have had to wait for quite a while to do that. My truck has 3,100 miles on it and the cluster I bought had 26,000 miles on it.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought mine yesterday from a local salvage yard for 125$ cad from a slt 2013.

Had 21 000 km and my truck 17 000. I installed it today just to be sure evereything was ok and put back my old until I reach the same km.

IMG_20141230_094950_zps591baf45.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capotodd1982