14 express premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Be careful, only two posts and they are both phishy(ish)...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Well just paid him. He sent pics & I used paypal. So if it turned out to be a scam at least I'll have some recourse. So far sounds like all it good. I'll update when I get it

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well just paid him. He sent pics & I used paypal. So if it turned out to be a scam at least I'll have some recourse. So far sounds like all it good. I'll update when I get it
Sounds safe enough, so long as you didn't send the money and instead he requested the money. That's the only way PayPal will protect the transaction.

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
I'm still looking for a 2013 6.7 7" cluster so I can get my TPMS back to working and then I'll have a 2014 cluster for sale :naughty:

paxton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 and I want to upgrade to the premium gauges (56054959AF).

But I do have a question. Has anyone taken their new cluster to the dealer to get the mileage corrected? If so, how much did they charge?

If I get one, I'll wait to install it and get the mileage fixed, and then probably be so excited I'd install it in the dealer parking lot. :)

Thanks!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2015 and I want to upgrade to the premium gauges (56054959AF
But I do have a question. Has anyone taken their new cluster to the dealer to get the mileage corrected? If so, how much did they charge?

If I get one, I'll wait to install it and get the mileage fixed, and then probably be so excited I'd do it in the dealer parking lot. :)

Thanks!
The dealer is barred by law from altering the speedometer. The 3rd party the send off to will only install a "new" cluster of from their own supplier and will require a core charge.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 and I want to upgrade to the premium gauges (56054959AF

If I get one, I'll wait to install it and get the mileage fixed, and then probably be so excited I'd install it in the dealer parking lot. :)

Thanks!
The dealer can not and will not be able to help you .
Try. tvandnavtogo

Check out this post

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=53180&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

14 express premium cluster upgrade

Last edited:

kyrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
tvandnav2go was really easy to work with when I upgraded my cluster

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 and I want to upgrade to the premium gauges (56054959AF).

Thanks!

Usually the best bet is to try to find one with more mileage and wait for the milage to match and then just switch them out. There are several usually listed on car-part.com. make sure you get a pic to verify it's the right one before you buy it. I have bought several this way. The most I have ever payed was 200.00 with shipping. I had to wait 6 months for mine to match but it went by pretty quickly knowing I already had the speedometer ready to go when the milage was right.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Usually the best bet is to try to find one with more mileage and wait for the milage to match and then just switch them out. There are several usually listed on car-part.com. make sure you get a pic to verify it's the right one before you buy it. I have bought several this way. The most I have ever payed was 200.00 with shipping. I had to wait 6 months for mine to match but it went by pretty quickly knowing I already had the speedometer ready to go when the milage was right.

The only issue there is the hours will not be right, for me I wanted them correct as well. So I went through Dominic, even though the price I feel is a bit steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good point. I was more worried about the mileage. I wrote down the hours on my stock one when I made the switch. They were actually pretty close. My nephew has a 13 Bighorn with the factory 7" EVIC and the hour meter doesn't even work. Unfortunately it was out of warranty when he bought it.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
And one other thing to be careful of with carparts. Many of the yards that post on there are in Canada, odds are the cluster will be out of a Canadian truck which will be in khm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL actually had that happen. That's why I always ask for a picture now.

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So bought a 16 Sport Cluster on eBay, everything works minus the fuel gauge, seller must run a wrecking yard or something claims it all worked in the truck they had, he said something about taking it to the dealer to have a relearn done on the bcm, anyone else had this issue with the cluster swap. My truck is a 15 and I tried a 16 cluster in it a while back but it only had like 30 miles on it and I found this one with about 800 miles more than my truck. The other one I used to have all worked properly.