1500 alignment issues - caster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BraedyShaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just installed my zone 6/5 with bils and zones heavy duty UCAs, currently at the shop getting it aligned and they’re telling me they can’t get the caster right, said they have it completely maxed out. Anyone else have this problem? Ways to fix it?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problems on my BDS, who installed the kit?

Are the UCAs on the correct side?

OP
OP
BraedyShaw

BraedyShaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed the lift my self, just checked the ucas, I’m a idiot and they’re on the wrong side. I’ll swap them and get it realigned. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
BraedyShaw

BraedyShaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes it is, great forum. Every time I ask questions I get help from lots of people. I was always nervous about posting but everyone is super nice!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the lift my self, just checked the ucas, I’m a idiot and they’re on the wrong side. I’ll swap them and get it realigned. Thanks for the help.

I figured that’s what the problem was, when you said castor.

Last edited:

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!! Thank god it was a easy fix.

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a quick and easy way to tell if they've been installed on the correct side?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
BraedyShaw

BraedyShaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another question if you guys don’t mind:
Currently have my stock tires/wheels w/ spacers on (yes it looks hilarious, like a big dog in little shoes) as I am waiting for my 35s to get here in a week/ish. Is it important to have it realigned once I put the new tires on?
Would rather not and save the 170 they charge for oversized tires. Thanks

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I had my new wheels/tires on I was given conflicting answers. To me, using just my sheer logic, nothing changed the geometry of the suspension by putting a different tire/wheel on it.
I had it aligned with stock wheels/tires after leveling. Then the next week put upgraded wheels/tires on it. I grudgingly let the people I bought wheels/tires from re-align against my better judgement and they SUCKED. HORRIBLE alignment. Took it back to original shop and they fixed for free.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You are far from the first to do it but many won't admit to doing it .

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why would they charge extra for bigger tires?

FYI....35’s might look small with that much lift

TXFireMedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LMAO, that sucks man. Good advice, about to do mine next week. I'll make sure to put the UCA on the correct side.

OP
OP
BraedyShaw

BraedyShaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why would they charge extra for bigger tires?

FYI....35’s might look small with that much lift

Yea i know, I’m a little concerned, however I’m not crazy on a stuffed look. Also don’t really want to go up to 37s, partially for cost but also for performance and extra wear and tear Offroad on the ifs.

If they look real small I might see what it takes to lower it a bit. The front I would just have to drop a notch on the bils and the back I might see if you can get 3in coil seperatly. Or maybe someone makes a 4in coil.

Oh and i dont know why they charge more, they have a stock truck charge of 95 and a lifted for 170, they wanted to charge the 170 but I showed them that the alignment process is all the same and they are stock tires. Either a money grab or maybe they actually need different equipment

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea i know, I’m a little concerned, however I’m not crazy on a stuffed look. Also don’t really want to go up to 37s, partially for cost but also for performance and extra wear and tear Offroad on the ifs.

If they look real small I might see what it takes to lower it a bit. The front I would just have to drop a notch on the bils and the back I might see if you can get 3in coil seperatly. Or maybe someone makes a 4in coil.

Oh and i dont know why they charge more, they have a stock truck charge of 95 and a lifted for 170, they wanted to charge the 170 but I showed them that the alignment process is all the same and they are stock tires. Either a money grab or maybe they actually need different equipment

Ok, well if it’s not to late another size to look at is 325/60R20, it’s taller/wider than a 35 but less than 37, if I ever go lower that’s what I’m gonna run.

I had mine done at Firestone, same price no matter what

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca