1994 lockup torque converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbc105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an A518 from a '94 Ram. I need to go through it and I plan to put a JW Ultra Gell on it and put it behind the 383 in my RoadRunner. In research i find that converters came in 3 different stalls, low, medium and high. What I don't know is what engines these converters came behind. I would like a good stock Dodge converter with about a 2200 stall and I figure the 360 Magnum converter will likely get me there but that might not be the High Stall converter. The high Stall could have been behind the 3.9 engines and to put one behind a 383 might take the stall too high. My problem is I don't have any experience with these and I know there is a transmission person here that can help me out with this. I'm building a driver not a hot rod and that is why I'm wanting stock. I know the aftermarket will use different blade angles and such to change stall speeds and also get a sharper pull when the car starts to move and that's not what I want.

Thanks,
DC