1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaximusAurelius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The headliner in my 96 Ram is drooping down badly, the fabric is specifically. Does anyone know if someone sells headliners after market maybe or I have thought about taking out the one that is in there removing the fabric scraping off the thin foam layer that I am sure has dried out badly and fix it. But if I could have any options would help greatly, Thank you.

Sirriggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moonlighting Auto Tops carry the fabric and they will send samples to match up to your existing color. If the condition is good enough. You can get it off without damage and use 3M adhesive after you scrap it clean.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Easy project. Remove the visors, ect. and pull it out of the truck. Lay it out flat and remove the old fabric. Use a stiff brush and get the old foam off.
Next I go to the local fabric shop. Pick a matching color of your choice. The fabric I use it a low cut velvet like grey. Make sure you get enough to hang over all sides by a few inches so you have working room.
Then use the best headliner contact spray glue you can find like 3m. Follow directions on the can closely. What I do is cover the headliner backer with the new fabric and when it's time to spray I fold it back on itself and do one half at a time.
There are plenty of youtube videos on the subject.