1997 2500 Rwal abs/brake/no speedometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spacedace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gentleman and Gurus. I have seen and read many threads about this, however I am in a bit of a pickle here. I didn't want to just be a parts replacer, but easy enough for what I have done already.

Two weeks ago I got into the truck which I don't drive often and saw the abs light on and brake light. I didn't realize the speedo wasn't working until a block away as I was returning back to the garage. I have no codes via the scanner, the dash check engine light does not flash after the 3 key on/offs, and grounding out pin 13 on the diagnostic port gives me nothing. I have tested and verified 5 volt and ground on the back of transfer case connecter, as well as the sensor on the pumpkin...I see that that one is only + and -. I have poured over all of the wiring diagrams and don't see the common issue as to why these are all tied together.

Before I changed anything I made sure the wiring was ok, fuses, relays. All operational, continuity, etc. When starting the truck, the abs light and brake light were on right away and never went off. After replacing the transfer case sensor I noticed that putting the key to on, the vehicle goes through its check and the lights were off so I was happy. I tried driving and no speedo. After about 10 seconds the lights go back on...so at least there was some change as in now they start off. I also replace the sensor on the pumpkin with nothing.

What else am I missing here?
Why are there two transmission speed sensors? What is the signal flow??? transfer case to pcm to rwal to speedo?

Also note I changed the PCM out in december because animals chewed two of my injector wires and shorted out the original pcm. The new one was under warranty so I just replace it again in case there was a new issue.

Thanks,
Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank