1999 Ram evaporator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cipher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 5.9 Cummins
I have a slow leak in my AC system. So I am over hauling the system. I am going to replace both evaporator and heater core (accumulator and compressor as well).

I have the dash detached from fire wall it is supported on the steering wheel shaft and a ratchet strap on passenger side. I have disconnected wires as instructed by YouTube video I watched.

I am not sure how to disconnect the vacuum lines that go from the climate control to the hvac module that has the core and evap. In the pics you can see the lines stretched out.
IMG_1055.jpeg

The connector on the climate control doesn’t look like it could go through a hole behind it. I don’t want to have to disconnect all the lines to the actuators.
IMG_1047.jpeg
I thought about removing radio and see if there is some kind of junction behind it.

Anybody know how to disconnect these lines?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cipher

Cipher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 5.9 Cummins
In that video he doesn’t address the vacuum lines at all. He removes the heater core leaving the hvac assembly in the truck and just loosens it from the fire wall.

OP
OP
Cipher

Cipher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 5.9 Cummins
IMG_1057.jpegIMG_1059.jpeg
Forcing it feels wrong, but may be that is how it done.