Replaced Heater and Evaporator Cores

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It was an intimidating job to say the least. Two hours in, the sight of my entire dash laying in my front seat and wondering if this thing would ever run again was a little overwhelming! But in the end, 4 hours later, my truck was back together with heat and no smell of antifreeze in the cab. I worked Friday night until I had the Airbox rebuilt with the new OEM Heater and AC Evaporator Cores installed. Saturday morning was reassembly time, and it went without a hitch. Knowing where all the bolts, nuts and electrical plugs are at is a tremendous help. If this is a project that you want to tackle yourself, I would recommend three things. First, use OEM parts. Second, go to YouTube and watch Motor City Mechanic's 4-part series on this job. Lastly, if your truck doesn't have a cabin air filter, get one! Look how nasty my evaporator core is. I installed a cabin filter kit about 5 years ago, but my truck is a 2013 so it spent 5 years without one.IMG_3648 - Copy.JPGIMG_3646.JPGIMG_3668.JPG

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of guys & Ram owners are going to appreciate your real-world experience and feedback ...and even encouragement on the topic. Good job.

Thanks!!