1st Gen Build - (I need to name her!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

LBC970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
JACKPOT!

2013-01-10_14-23-45_53_zps1a604cc4.jpg

3/4 syncros are shot. Rebuild kit with new syncros will be here in the AM. Hopefully I will have it all back together this weekend! Then it's on to the t-case!

EDIT:
That's freaking awesome mate. I would name her old faithful.

Every 90 minutes she spews parts all over the road! It could work!

Last edited:

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
I used a mopar performance electronic ignition conversion kit from summit racing($225) and It works fantastic, also the best carb for a mopar would be either a carter afb or an edelbrock. Might as well get a new intake manifold as well.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Bumping an old thread here, but with appologies to Neil Young, How about Cinammon Girl?

OP
OP
L

LBC970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bumping an old thread here, but with appologies to Neil Young, How about Cinammon Girl?

Two days since the last post isn't an old thread... :favorites13:
As for "Cinnamon Girl"... I think I am going to give up on the name for now. One day the truck will let me know...

Switched jobs recently, and now work 50 hours a week. I have had zero time to work on the transmission. BUT, a few days ago I ordered the master rebuild kit for the NP435 from Novak, and it should be here today.

Novak NP435 Master Rebuild Kit

So hopefully I will have time to get the trans done in the next week or so. I will post pics as soon as it's done.

OP
OP
L

LBC970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got the trans rebuilt today. If anyone is considering a complete rebuild I would recommend the Novak kit. It's overly complete and comes with instructions. I am very impressed. Even ran into a bit of trouble today and was able to call them to get it sorted out quickly. I wish I had pictures, but I was in a hurry.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you say complete rebuild, was it all new gears etc?
Or just new syncos bushings and bearings?

I don't know why I ask, I have (and loathe the fact that I do) an automatic.
Guess just curious.

OP
OP
L

LBC970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you say complete rebuild, was it all new gears etc?
Or just new syncos bushings and bearings?

I don't know why I ask, I have (and loathe the fact that I do) an automatic.
Guess just curious.

Everything but the gears, although Novak carries those too, I didn't need them. Their kit also comes with the new updated synchros, much better than OE...

1985blueram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pretty badass, i have one too and just recently started doing mods. The first thing i did was take off the running boards, In my opinion it helped the look a lot, And got new rims last week :) she is lookin mighty fine