2 Questions ... both about bumpstops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobHinton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 EXPRESS
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Howdy ... two questions for the experts.

1. Seems there is some concern w even the shorter bumpstops with the belltech. I found Polyurethane universal stops that are a tad less than 3/4". Any down side to giving these a try?

2. I cant remember if it was the front or back, but I remember reading you had to knock off the factory bumpstop to replace it. Is there a hole present already to replace it or how do you attach the replacement?

Sorry for the novice level questions ... trying to get a handle on all of this.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1. You could go polly uretahne, it would provide more travel, however will be much more abrupt when you hit them. The BT are a progressive bump stop, so they are meant to compress and slowly stiffen. The poly ones are basically rock hard. I personally would not make that switch. my 2 other slammed Sierras has those type, while great for very low trucks, there not comfy!

2. Front. You cut the factory stop off(metal and rubber insert). There is already a pre drilled hole in the mount, so you just bolt the new one on.