2001 4.7 to a 2005 5.7 Hemi transfer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazzman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 liter
I've read a lot of the posts about this trade off but I am still left with a few questions that I couldn't quite see the answer too. I have a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 quad cab with automatic transmission. One of the valve seats came loose while driving and, well a lot went wrong. I was just going to replace the head and continue on but I came across a motor I couldn't turn down. It's a '05 5.7 liter Hemi with the wiring harness, PCM, motor mounts, battery mount, transmission, and transfer case, for about $1500. It also included new headlight assemblies,all 4 doors, the hood and the bed, front clip and just about everything except for th frame. The other big thing is it only has 14,000 miles on it. Just barely broken in!! I have pulled my 4.7 liter out and am wondering if I should go ahead and replace the tranny and transfer case as well. I'm not sure if just the motor swap would suffice, being the new motor is a 5.7 hemi. It does the complete wiring harnes and brain, but I don't have the brain for the transmission. I'm jus looking for advice on which way to go and what if any changes am I going to have to make to make this engine swap complete and work! Thanks ahead of time.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Mounts, wiring and brain for trans, couldn't tell ya on tcase, maybe driveshafts? Also you posted this on the 2nd gen section but you need the 3rd Gen guys. Even if your truck is an 02 lime it says for this section, that's only if you have a 2500, 3500, or 5.9 v8 engine

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Mounts, wiring and brain for trans, couldn't tell ya on tcase, maybe driveshafts? Also you posted this on the 2nd gen section but you need the 3rd Gen guys. Even if your truck is an 02 lime it says for this section, that's only if you have a 2500, 3500, or 5.9 v8 engine
I would figure driveshafts is a probability

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca