2003 RAM 2500 steering wheel controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cerd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I upgraded my head unit to a Boss Double DIN. Everything works but the SWC. At first, I was using a re-pinned Walmart Metra controller thinking it was the same and the kit was basically plug and play aside from moving one pin in the connector. That didn't work and the Axxess software did not go back far enough in years to pre-program it. I ended up buying an Axxess Black box since my 2005 Durango uses a variation and it worked flawlessly. The first one I ordered was DOA - no power from the USB or harness. I ordered another one waiting to be installed The harness is already in place but I have not plugged it in yet.

I just want to confirm if the PCI bus still uses Canbus to communicate or should I stop before I install it?

Also, I ordered some License Plate cameras for the unit. Any recommendations of how I should wire them? There is a trigger on the radio. I assume that is a manual trigger, but the camera aspect of aftermarket radios is new to me.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No, they are two totally different systems. PCI bus predates CAN.

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
So am I stuck with the manually programmed PAC system?
Basically yes. The PCI system was a very short run in Mopars. You are basically looking at 2002 thu 2004 or 2005 depending on the Mopar. There might be some older units on eBay that will work, but a universal programmable adapter is likely your best shot.