Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew Hansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l Stock
Can anyone give me a bit of info on what the impedance should be when replacing the fuel injectors on my '04 Ram 1500 4.7l. I can't seem to find it online anywhere. I just bought a set of 8 injectors, and didn't realize they were performance injectors.
My truck is a stock 4.7l, and these injectors are 12.5ohm, with 275cc flow rate. The link for them is below. I haven't installed them yet. I've seen some mixed info on whether or not they would work, or if they would ruin things. Any info would help please.

http://www.ausinjector.com/275-cc-min-26-lbs-hr-1112/

OP
OP
Andrew Hansen

Andrew Hansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l Stock
I tested the resistance for the OEM injectors I currently have on the truck. They are 12.5ohm also. So at this point I'm not concerned with resistance issues. I guess, now I need to know what will the outcome be with the higher flow rate for the new injectors if I install them. The new ones are 275cc, but I can't find anywhere what the OEM flow rate is. Will it cause issues to install them, or just make the mileage worse?

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have a definitive answer but my best guess is that the computer will adjust. The O2 sensors will tell it if it's running rich and it will cut the injector pulse width to compensate.

Of course, this thread is old enough that you probably already have the answer.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can anyone give me a bit of info on what the impedance should be when replacing the fuel injectors on my '04 Ram 1500 4.7l. I can't seem to find it online anywhere. I just bought a set of 8 injectors, and didn't realize they were performance injectors.
My truck is a stock 4.7l, and these injectors are 12.5ohm, with 275cc flow rate. The link for them is below. I haven't installed them yet. I've seen some mixed info on whether or not they would work, or if they would ruin things. Any info would help please.

http://www.ausinjector.com/275-cc-min-26-lbs-hr-1112/

If I remember correctly, the stock 2004 model year fuel injectors are 26-lbs-hr with a flow rate of 252cc.

The injectors you have posted flow 23cc's more fuel at the same fuel pressure which would be fine for the 4.7L

The PCM uses inputs from the oxygen sensors, MAP Sensor, Intake Air Temp and Coolant temp to determine the amount of fuel required.

The PCM also uses the Short Term and Long Term Fuel Trims to adjust the air/fuel ratio and no matter what the PCM will adjust to deliver the correct AFR.