2005 GTXtreme Chassis VIBRATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gstamper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok...so I know there is a lot of talk about the unusual vibrations in some of our trucks. Does anyone have any real "spot on" knowledge of a singular popular cure...or is this a "hunt and search" situation with driveshaft balance, ujoints and pinion nuts coming off? This is a 2005 model, but only 6700 miles on it. Special edition but still a basic chassis. Problem is that it somewhat comes and goes...usually about that 63-68 mph area. New tires, New Cross drilled rotors, New Wheels, Road Force balanced...but I'd swear it feels like a tire. Multiple balance attempts before road forcing them all. Soooooo, wondered if anyone can chime in on this. I'm going to look at that pinion nut tonite, perhaps do a 180' on the driveshaft to see if any difference. However, if it were a driveshaft, I'm thinking it would be CONSISTENT as all getout.

Thanks everybody in advance!

Greg

Attachments

• DSC00721.jpg
    DSC00721.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC00713.jpg
    DSC00713.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 108

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What tires are you running? I had issues with the stock tires giving me a vibration in the steering wheel around 65 to 70. When I finally changed tires and went with Toyo Proxes STII tires, the problem was gone. With that low of mileage on your truck, I tend to agree the issue is tire related.

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As far as the pinion nut coming loose, I had virtually no warning. The only thing I heard was a rattle when cruising but only when you give it enough gas to just begin to take the "pressure" off of the diff. Other than that, there was no sound what so ever.