2005 ram 1500 Few Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I just picked up a 05 ram 5.7 hemi 150k for $900 former plow truck it is a bit of a basket case some rot that I have to fix runs good tho I think I can save it. However it has been quite a while since I have had a 3rd gen so few questions.

1. Rear glass is shattered almost the whole thing it is the one with sliding glass track is broken aswell. Can I tear it all out and put in the solid 1 piece rear window? it is a hell of a lot cheaper.

2. How hard is it to swap transfer case current one is cracked I have a replacement not many vids on this year truck any tips appreciated.

3 . What oil does the front/rear axle use aswell as transfer case.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
1. Yes of course; the truck doesn't know what kind of window you put in. Hell, your 05 might be pre-wired for a heated back glass (wasn't an option til 05). Might be worth looking into.
2. Disconnect linkages/wiring (you didn't say what kind), both driveshafts, unbolt from the adapter on the trans. Reverse process to complete.
3. No owner's manual?

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1. Yes of course; the truck doesn't know what kind of window you put in. Hell, your 05 might be pre-wired for a heated back glass (wasn't an option til 05). Might be worth looking into.
2. Disconnect linkages/wiring (you didn't say what kind), both driveshafts, unbolt from the adapter on the trans. Reverse process to complete.
3. No owner's manual?

Didn't know heated back glass was a thing on these il take a look.

I have the manual floor shift transfer case tag says 241D the 6 bolts that go to the trans adapter look almost impossible to get to? Can I un bolt the whole adapter from the trans looks a lot easier to get to? I have never needed to pull a trans or transfer case before on any of my dodges so first one.

Dont have a manual for it yet.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dunno if that'll work...but I can help you with that:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlb364duv88v92s/2005+Dodge+Ram+Factory+Service+Manual.rar/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rukznk442md9uw4/2005+Dodge+Ram+1500+Parts+Manual.pdf/file
Page 528, p/n 55276927AB for the heated privacy glass
You'll have to look under the backseat and carpet I'd imagine to see if it's there. The jumper wire to the glass is in the parts book. If so, then it will run off the same defrost button the mirrors do, though its power source may have a different fuse or circuit breaker in the box.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca