2007 Mega Cab Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeygrey_01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I apologize if this has been mentioned before however I am a new Ram Owner... I have recently purchased a used 07 mega cab with about 78k and have come across some issues. Since buying (within the past week) I have come to notice a squeak while turning at low speeds and also, the gas cap warning symbol has come on. After a day or so of the gas cap warning, the check engine light has come on. The dealer says that they will check to see if the gas cap is faulty but I am just curious, could this cause the check engine light to come on? More importantly, what could be the cause of the squeaking? It didn't do it while I test drove the vehicle for a day, but as the day went on I noticed it. Now since buying, it has become increasingly worse. The truck drives well as far as being comfortable and no shakes but just the squeak at low speeds and now the warning lights, have me wondering if I made a good purchase... any help would be greatly appreciated. As a new Ram owner, I love the look and sound of my new truck, just curious about the durability. I know a truck with 78k will have issues but looking at it visually, the previous owner took good care of it... again any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

AlljackedupRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes,

The engine light will come on if your gas cap is not tight or has failed ( can not hold pressure ) The evap system tests it self, and if it senses a leak in the system, it will kick a check engine light.

Replace your gas cap.

As far as the squeak.... my 07 Mega on 38's never made a noise... but it's hard to say.. it could be anything in the suspension.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before however I am a new Ram Owner... I have recently purchased a used 07 mega cab with about 78k and have come across some issues. Since buying (within the past week) I have come to notice a squeak while turning at low speeds and also, the gas cap warning symbol has come on. After a day or so of the gas cap warning, the check engine light has come on. The dealer says that they will check to see if the gas cap is faulty but I am just curious, could this cause the check engine light to come on? More importantly, what could be the cause of the squeaking? It didn't do it while I test drove the vehicle for a day, but as the day went on I noticed it. Now since buying, it has become increasingly worse. The truck drives well as far as being comfortable and no shakes but just the squeak at low speeds and now the warning lights, have me wondering if I made a good purchase... any help would be greatly appreciated. As a new Ram owner, I love the look and sound of my new truck, just curious about the durability. I know a truck with 78k will have issues but looking at it visually, the previous owner took good care of it... again any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I have had to replace both the axle joints on my 2006 Megacab and it made a similar noise while turning.