2008 mega cab transmission match question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the1whitestallion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I just had my transmission rebuilt and had no reverse when I got it back so guy told me to bring the truck to him and he'd fix it. Well it took 3 weeks. The other day was driving and front driveshaft went out and on the side of the hwy I was taking it out and discovered he had taken apart my u-joint and didn't mark the orientation and put it in 180 degrees out. While I was under the truck I noticed tranny fluid everywhere that seemed to be coming from the pan which was definitely odd from fresh rebuild. My concern is that the guy dropped and cracked the case on my original trans tried to weld it and cover it up but when that didn't work he swapped my original with a different one and didn't tell me. My question is about if anybody could tell me how to match the numbers from tranny to my trucks vin if that's possible. The guy is a shady mechanic and I regret not just rebuilding it myself

Last edited:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You may get more answers by putting this in the 3rd Gen forum.