2008 ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn edition wheel bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge4Ever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello everyone from a newbie here. Got a question about front wheel bearings for my truck. First of all I punched in my VIN code on the dodge sight to look at the build sheet and it produced " 4 Wheel Disc Rr Anti-Lock Brakes " so I took this as Rear ABS or 2 wheel ABS. So I ordered my front wheel bearings and they came and the new hubs do not have any wires to them, which I did not expect them too. But when I took the wheels off the front there is a wire going down to what looks like the center of the hub on the drivers side only. I didn't tear down all the way cuz I figured I had the wrong hubs and that there must be some mistake in build sheet. Is there any other wires for anything else that could be going towards the hub?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope, you have 4 wheel ABS, which means the hubs are more expensive. I got mine at O'reileys and they matched the price of AutoZone.

OP
OP
D

Dodge4Ever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was told this is a vehicle speed sensor and is not directly connected to the bearing but does take its readings from the bearing.

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll have to get in there and look then. My build sheet also said rear wheel ABS and it has front wheel speed sensors that are a part of the wheel bearing. You'll be able to tell if it's a part of the bearing or not.