2008 Ram Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Foster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, I'm replacing the factory radio in my 2008 Ram for something with bluetooth. My ram doesn't have the infinity system, or nav, or steering wheel controls... pretty basic. My question is, do I need to spend money on the PAC interface kit, or should I be able to get away with a standard harness??? I'm replacing with a single din inexpensive JVC radio. The factory radio has the two separate connectors (one large one small).

Thanks in advance for the help.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you don't have any of the peripherals you shouldn't need it. Check with your radio manufacturer.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being that it’s an 08 the radio is turned on and off by the canbus system. That’s why the harnesses are so expensive, because they have a little box that basically talks to the canbus system in the truck.

It is usually possible to use one of the standard, cheapo harnesses, but you will have to grab 12v accessory power from another source. Usually from the cigarette lighter that comes on and off with the key.

OP
OP
A

Adam Foster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome, I figured I could use a cheap harness and steal power from the lighter. Thanks for the reassurance.