2009 5.7 Ram 1500 Transmission Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently had my transmission overheating and was told by AAMCO that the repair would be $4900.00. I'm trying to find a remanufactured transmission. The problem I'm having is that it seems that every one of the businesses that I've looked at so far have 10-25% (+-) horrible reviews. Can anyone suggest a company that remanufacture transmissions that actually delivers a working product? I've already looked at Car Part Planet, Reman Transmissions, Power Tran Products, Transmission Depot Inc etc. I'm currently looking at Xtreme Performance but they have little to no reviews at all. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Last edited:

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
What about jasper
I never used their products

Tom Davis

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Replaced mine with a Jasper back in May. Was the only one I or the dealership could locate, and still waited 6 weeks for it to come in. They give a 3 year 100k warranty, which is the same as an OEM would have been. They used to have a great product, but there reviews are the best anymore. A guy I work with put one in his F150 years ago, and has over 500k miles on it with most being with the Jasper transmission in it. So far no issues, but time will tell.

Last edited:

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
A guy I know has a transmission shop and he is always waiting for parts or for transmissions to come in