Transmission Temps 2014 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale Hartley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question for guys,

Does anyone know the operational transmission temps for these 4th gen trucks.? I have a 2014 ram 1500, and I am seeing some say 190 degrees at 70 80mph is normal, then I'm seeing some say 240 degrees at highway speeds is normal at the same time 240-250 degrees is to hot.

trans temps in my truck got up to 268 degrees the other day, not towing anything! on the highway cruising about
65-70mph went to get over into the fast lane accelerated so the truck down shifted and I swear it felt like the trans dropped out from underneath the truck, trans was screaming, like this whining/ humming sound whenever I would try to pick up speed.

Now, granted, I live in Texas, DFW area and it's been hot as f******* balls outside, that week all this happened it was triple digits outside, 103-108 degrees. Idk if that had anything to do with it but I've babying it.

I did change the trans fluid, pan and filter, put the zf8 trans fluid that is calls for. I still see temps get out to about 215-220 but I really haven't driven the truck long enough to see if it actually will get back up to those critical temps again. I'm kinda afraid too, to be honest.

I've looked online and tried to do some research to see what the actual operational temps are while driving.

I appreciate any help!
i'm getting 193 degrees at 70 mph and outside temp is in the 40's and just had transmission fluid changed at 100,000 plus miles and at 4200 feet red line on mine is up over 250 plus , have a digital read out that tells the trans trans temp any time and a 8 speed trans 8hp70 . went from a 2005 Chevy Silverado 6 liter 4 speed gas hog to the 8 speed 2104 Ram Big horn and doubled gas miles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357