2011 1500 park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJack5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Had my "Service Park Assist System" message come on awhile ago. Just started tearing into trying to fix it myself so I don't have to pay the dealers service fee.

I read somewhere that you can tell if the sensors are working by putting your ear next to them to hear a soft clocking noise. I did this and sensor #8 wasn't doing anything so I figured it was an easy fix. Went online and bought a new sensor (it was a cheap one) Got it, installed it and tried to reset the message by disconnecting the battery. But that didn't clear it, so I got a buddies scanner and cleared it out.

When I went to try it out for the first time it worked for about 4 seconds then the message came back up and the system turned off. I checked and all 4 sensors were making the soft clicking noise so I changed around the sensors until I had tried every one in each plug..reseting every time in between. I left each sponsor off each plug one at a time too to make sure the wiring was good and the scanner picked up each time when one was disconnected so I figured the wiring was good.

Next I thought maybe the new sensor had a different resistance than the rest of them and that might be setting off the computer so I ohmed out each sensor (new and old) and they all matched.

The code that kept coming up was (b1298-12 performance or incorrect operation)

I also checked the supply voltage at the main plug coming from the module harness going to the sensor harness on the bumper and was only getting 8.5VDC..thought that seemed low but couldn't find what the sensors were rated for anywhere. Also what could be causing that low voltage if thats the problem.

Thanks in advance!!
Spencer

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is your ABS/Traction control light on as well?

Mine showed the service message when I had an ABS sensor go out.

Do you know anyone with a code reader that reads all systems?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That code is for sensor 11, the left rear sensor. Sensor 8 is the right rear. I would move 11 to position 10 and clear the codes and see what code comes back. If it is 10, you need a sensor. If it is 11, there is wiring problem. What are you using to pull and clear park system codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SJack5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I tested every sensor in each position..8,9,10,11..didn't matter where any of them were every sensor position came up with a performance or incorrect operation code.

I was using a snap on scanner that scans everything on the truck..I think there were 16 modules it scanned

OP
OP
S

SJack5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Does anybody know what the supply voltage should be for the sensors? The 8.5vdc that I have just doesn't seem right. If they are supposed to be getting 12vdc then I can see why I'm getting performance problems/codes.

I pulled out the scanner tonight and wrote down all the codes that came up on the PTS

B1295-11 & 12
B1296-11 & 12
B1297-11 & 12
B1298-11 & 12

OP
OP
S

SJack5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Park Assist system

didn't get much help in a different category so just going to post in here to see if anyone can help me?!

I have a 2011 Ram 1500 and my "Service Park Assist System" message came on awhile ago. Just started tearing into trying to fix it myself so I don't have to pay the dealers service fee.

I read somewhere that you can tell if the sensors are working by putting your ear next to them to hear a soft clocking noise. I did this and sensor #8 wasn't doing anything so I figured it was an easy fix. Went online and bought a new sensor (it was a cheap one) Got it, installed it and tried to reset the message by disconnecting the battery. But that didn't clear it, so I got a buddies scanner and cleared it out.

When I went to try it out for the first time it worked for about 4 seconds then the message came back up and the system turned off. I checked and all 4 sensors were making the soft clicking noise so I changed around the sensors until I had tried every one in each plug..reseting every time in between. I left each sponsor off each plug one at a time too to make sure the wiring was good and the scanner picked up each time when one was disconnected so I figured the wiring was good.

Next I thought maybe the new sensor had a different resistance than the rest of them and that might be setting off the computer so I ohmed out each sensor (new and old) and they all matched.

I also checked the supply voltage at the main plug coming from the module harness going to the sensor harness on the bumper and was only getting 8.5VDC..thought that seemed low but couldn't find what the sensors were rated for anywhere. Also what could be causing that low voltage if thats the problem.

The codes the came up were:
B1295-11 & 12
B1296-11 & 12
B1297-11 & 12
B1298-11 & 12

Thanks in advance!!
Spencer

OP
OP
S

SJack5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
does anybody know where the park assist module is located? got a new one today to see if thats the problem but can't find where it is?

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
According to google (on a 2012 anyways), it's located above the passenger side sun visor, above the headliner. Might not hurt to carefully pull your headliner down a little and take a look in there.

OP
OP
S

SJack5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Found the module..replaced it with the new one and am getting the same codes as before..so now idk where to look next

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi,
i have the same problem on my 2011 5.7 Sport: Service Park Assist
Did you solved the problem, and if so, how?
Thanks so much!
Chris

MikeTastic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same problem.. kind of. Just purchased a use 2011 ram 1500 slt a month ago. 97k miles. Recently noticed the brake pedal had a weird scrubbing feel/sound to it, almost like abs engaging itself, after accelerating from a stop. It has done it for a few days now, maybe a week or two.. on my way home today the “service park assist system” showed up and abs and tcs light came on. I don’t have a scanner that reads abs codes and no codes would come up on the dash. Just said “done”. I know it might be a sensor or hub. Any one else have this problem and solve it. What worked for you? Seems like one thing after another. First it was the tpms. Now this..