2012 In Cabin Air Filter Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Sweet little mod. Cant believe they couldn't at least put a filter in there.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet little mod. Cant believe they couldn't at least put a filter in there.

While I agree, Dodge didn't include an in-cabin air filter. Toyota had their floor mats bunch up under their gas pedals. Which would you prefer?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
While I agree, Dodge didn't include an in-cabin air filter. Toyota had their floor mats bunch up under their gas pedals. Which would you prefer?

Or GM with Grand Prix's catching on fire. Ask me how I know..lol

grandprixfire3.jpg

grandprixfire5.jpg

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I think this should be a sticky...

I ordered both of these parts online. Should have them LONG before my truck gets here seeing that they're NEVER going to produce it.

Chris

ramnutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally got mine done yesterday. Simple enough to do but I think removing the top glove box would help out some. I tried but could not figure out how to remove the wiring to the light and USB so in it stayed.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got 2013 CC about 3 weeks ago and I really want to do this mod but I'm a little concerned about it voiding the warranty. Does anybody know if doing this mod would?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I just got 2013 CC about 3 weeks ago and I really want to do this mod but I'm a little concerned about it voiding the warranty. Does anybody know if doing this mod would?

Honestly I don't think it would. The plus is they're all MOPAR parts so a dealer probably wouldn't know the difference. lol

I bought the two parts to install into my 2013. I like filtered air.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!

It WILL NOT void your warranty.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
They would have to notice you did the MOD for that to even become an issue, plus if anything it makes the system run cleaner so I think they would be very hard pressed to prove that you ADDING a filter caused a system failure lol.

Hornet

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a lip or something inside the box that the filter sits on when it's slid into place?
It's hard to tell by the pic's.

Think i'll do this mod to.
My driveway has a pine tree beside it,and this looks like a needed mod to offset the tree
Is there any differance between the 12's and 13's when it comes to the heater box and filter mod

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From the first set of pictures it does look like the filter sits right on top of the Blower, the top looks like some kind of grill, but nothing underneath.

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
there is no lip.
the filter slides in. its pretty snug when you put it in.

Evil_Ed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did this mod to my 2013 Express...man that cover is a lot thicker than you'd think! I figured a utility knife would slice right through, but no...I had to push the tip in and basically poke holes all the way through until I could connect the dots, so to speak.

But, I did get the slot cut out, and the filter and cover fit on perfectly. The cover on mine actually had a bit of trouble latching, I don't know if it's a tolerance issue or what.

The biggest pain in the butt was the right-hand side of the cover, getting that cut out and removed. If you're a lefty it won't be a problem, but a righty is handycapped here.

The second biggest pain in the butt was getting the 7mm bolt tightened up after removing the top half of the dash there...a 6 inch extension here is a MUST. I figured a 2 inch would be fine, boy was I wrong. It worked, but not nearly as fast or as smooth.

If you're a lefty you don't need to remove the top glove box area, but it sure does help.