20123 Ram 1500 Air Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpolegg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

Just looking to see what other peoples experiences were with the ram stock air suspension. I have a 2013 that the air suspension does not like to work most of the time and I am tired of going to dealers and not getting the answers and fixes that I need. I was curious to see if anyone else had deleted the air suspension for normal springs and coils. But my question is, is it possible to swap to regular springs and shocks, but with heavier duty springs? I have a trailer that I use fairly often and the air suspension does not like to ever work with it, cold, hot, or anytime really. It is not a large trailer by any means.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Thanks,
Gabe

Update:
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I cannot seem to find much to help me out.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I can’t answer weather or not you could put heavier duty springs on it but what you could do is put after market air bags under it to help with weight. After you delete the factory air suspension. There are a couple of different companies you could go with. Airlift or Firestone bags to name a couple.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just to add. You can set them up with or without an on board compressor. I have mine set up without and just use a manual pump.

OP
OP
M

mrpolegg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to add. You can set them up with or without an on board compressor. I have mine set up without and just use a manual pump.

What kit did you use for removing the factory suspension, and also what kit for the air bags you added? I saw a Monroe kit that covers all 4 corners, but that’s just the shocks and springs.
Thanks!

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sorry maybe I misinformed what I said. I didn’t have air suspension to begin with but just added airlift air springs to the rear. Had the airlift 1000 on my 1500 and now have the airlift 5000 on my 2500.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
If I were in your situation, I would go with the Monroe kit to replace the air ride and see how it performs with your trailer. If you need to you can add the Airlift setup later.