2013 1500 Belltech 2/4 dropkit crossmember cutout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KissMyHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I bought the 2/4 belltech drop kit for my ’13 quad cab, and in the instructions for the rear install, it says, “ Crossmember Notch, This section is for 2013 models with 140.5” wheelbase only.” (ok check)
“Also this section ONLY applies to … Single piece Driveshafts only.” (ok check again…)

I looked under my truck for this crossmember that needs to be notched out, but I don’t even see a piece of the crossmember that is even wide enough to attach the supplied steel plate after notching…

So, my question is this for those here that has installed one on their truck same year and model as mine… did you have to install the steel plate? Am I looking at the wrong place here, because the crossmember is way narrower than the supplied steel plate. I don’t even see where to bolt the thing in…

IMG_4345.JPG IMG_1774.JPG IMG_8167.JPG

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I bought the 2/4 belltech drop kit for my ’13 quad cab, and in the instructions for the rear install, it says, “ Crossmember Notch, This section is for 2013 models with 140.5” wheelbase only.” (ok check)
“Also this section ONLY applies to … Single piece Driveshafts only.” (ok check again…)

I looked under my truck for this crossmember that needs to be notched out, but I don’t even see a piece of the crossmember that is even wide enough to attach the supplied steel plate after notching…

So, my question is this for those here that has installed one on their truck same year and model as mine… did you have to install the steel plate? Am I looking at the wrong place here, because the crossmember is way narrower than the supplied steel plate. I don’t even see where to bolt the thing in…

View attachment 215512 View attachment 215513 View attachment 215514

If the driveshaft isn't contacting anything,don't worry about it. Pull the springs back out,and jack the diff up till it's hitting the bumpstops and check the clearance between the shaft and any crossmember,and also check the clearance between the shaft and the tin shield on the gas tank,sometimes you have to swat the tin shield to create enough clearance to clear the driveshaft,they have been known to rub.

OP
OP
KissMyHemi

KissMyHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
9EFD37E6-5C89-452D-A0F5-FD0C634646E3.jpeg 99B2D68B-D714-471D-B61F-49EDCD4AAAE0.jpeg 0B458EAE-59D5-4E90-87C3-AE7EF178667F.jpeg Thanks so much for this advice. I checked today and no cutting necessary and nothing obstructing. I installed the rear lowering part of the kit and took it fir a test drive. The rear wobble I had with the factory shocks and springs is gone with the new rear shocks, springs, and sway bar end links. I can’t wait for the front end to be installed!

John Joseph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 216307 View attachment 216308 View attachment 216309 Thanks so much for this advice. I checked today and no cutting necessary and nothing obstructing. I installed the rear lowering part of the kit and took it fir a test drive. The rear wobble I had with the factory shocks and springs is gone with the new rear shocks, springs, and sway bar end links. I can’t wait for the front end to be installed!

I have 2018 4x4 and did not have to notch anything no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk