2013 Big Horn rear seat electrical ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still getting familiar with my 3 week old 2013 Ram Big Horn.

My question is when I lifted up the rear seat there are 2 plugs on either end just lying there. I would think for the heated seats maybe.Which I do not have!

Are these plugs powered all the time, haven't had time to put a meter on them to see if power is there.
If not where can I get 12 volt switched when truck is started in the back. I need 12volts for adding something. If not I will have to add from under dash add wire under the door rocker covers to the back with a switch from the front.

Also is there under the carpet in the rear any plastic plugs I can run a cable out to the bed or do I have to drill a hole and put a grommet and seal myself?

thanks for any replies

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The plugs you see under the rear seats are for the rear under seat lighting. Only meant to support small LED inserts so not much current.

There are a few connectors under the front seat of the truck, the pink/yellow wires are usually some form of switched 12V.

If you want to get a wire out of the cab and to the rear of the truck, I would suggest going through the parking brake cable grommet which comes in a little to the left and a little forward of the drivers seat track mounting. I think there is enough room in the grommet to poke a hole and send a wire through.

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chrisbh17

thanks for the info I know of going through the fire wall grommets was hoping there was something out the back under the seats. I just need 2 wires for a strobe light for plowing like I had on My 2004 ram truck. I should have a new fiberglass cap within a couple of weeks its on order and will put my racks on this one. Its where I bracket my strobe light to it. I take it off in the winter when done with the snow here in Boston. I will figure something out, was hoping to keep as much wire inside as outside under the truck side. Its all Teflon wire so I'll figure something out. Here is a picture of my 04 I sold 3 weeks ago and bought the 2013. You can see where i mount the strobe light its all led so not much current draw.

upload_2019-4-11_7-42-50.jpeg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe pull power from the 7 pin trailer connector? I dont know if the power to that is switched, though.