2013 Interior Light's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone changed their LED's in the 2013? I took them apart and it is all one piece on a big PCB. It looks like you could install a T10 like the license plate bulbs but I think you would have to break something to do it. Any idea's or some pictures of what you did?

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2009-2013
194 license plate.
921 cargo or 194
921 reverse
212-2 some light

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I just re-read the post

I'm sorry. I saw license plate lights. So I listed all I knew off the top of my head.
My bad.

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmmmm... I am going to look into this....

I want to change mine all to green.

OP
OP
C

CanRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I know you can cut some pieces out and it will work for sure. But I haven't even had it for a week so I feel like I should be waiting before I hack stuff up.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Since I don't have my truck yet I can't comment, but is it soldered onto a board? If so, you should be able to remove and replace with the color of your choice.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would love to know if there is any way i can have LED lighting on the inside, on the bottom of my feet. It's so dark on the bottom half.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
i would love to know if there is any way i can have LED lighting on the inside, on the bottom of my feet. It's so dark on the bottom half.

RAM sells a kit for this... Check out their accessories page. Not sure it's meant for the 2012, but worth looking!

I've driven cars for years and never thought to myself; "man I wish I could see my feet." I guess my Sport will allow me to see my feet though...

OP
OP
C

CanRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I don't have my truck yet I can't comment, but is it soldered onto a board? If so, you should be able to remove and replace with the color of your choice.

Its not the board that is the problem, it is the chrome plastic pieces that are platsi-welded on in front of the pcb and bulb. I dont want to destroy them just yet, lol. They are LED's, but not that nice HID white I have grown to love.

Wiring up some led's in the floor is no big deal. Just find some pre-wired smd's, led's, etc off ebay. Tap into the door switch and secure them underneath.

C.J.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Color Solution

Has anyone changed their LED's in the 2013? I took them apart and it is all one piece on a big PCB. It looks like you could install a T10 like the license plate bulbs but I think you would have to break something to do it. Any idea's or some pictures of what you did?

Hey, I have taken a quick read through this thread and I may be able to give an alternate solution for most people looking to change the color of their interior lights. Sadly though if you're looking for the intense crystal white light, my idea wont be able to help you.

The solution that I have isn't to replace any bulbs in the truck, but to put colored film in between the PCB LED and the Reflective Housing.

I used a flexible colored plastic material from a kids $3.00 pencil case. I then used my iphone light to determine the desired shade of blue. To get the darker color I wanted, I simply layered the plastic material to darken the light. After determining the thickness of colored plastic I needed, I removed the overhead dome and rear dome lights. I disassembled the dome lights to a point where I could tape the layered plastic in place. To finish the dome lights I simply reassembled them, and installed them back in the truck.

I did this very same process for the two front footwell lights, and rear seat lights.

-I have done my own 2013 CC Sport with Blue
-A friend did his 2013 QC Sport with Green
-And I am currently finishing my friends 2013 CC Sport with Purple

I have pictures I could post if there's enough interest. (Slow internet currently = PITA)