2013 Ram Express. Couple questions regarding replacement bumper cover/LED lightbar.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeachinIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI.
Hello, RamForum! A month back, someone ran a stop sign in a parking lot and I was able to stop quick enough to avoid a major collision, however, the vehicle still swiped my front bumper. As you can see...

HJX6JE6.png

I got repair quotes for nearly $700, but then scrapped the idea after discovering that the bumper is only "stitched" back together, sanded and repainted. I read reviews on this process and some were good, but most were bad.

Chrysler wanted nearly $800 for an original bumper cover, unpainted! :flipthebird:

I've checked online and found unpainted replacements for $230-$300. I'm considering purchasing this one from JCWhitney. Does anyone have any experience with them? I don't mind spending more, but if I could get a decent replacement from JCWhitney for that price, I'd rather do that.

Which brings me to my next question. I figure this would also be a good time to replace the factory fog lights with aftermarket LED pods and to install a curved lightbar in the lower opening of the bumper cover. However, here is where I really need some advice. I searched this forum, and there is just a tremendous amount of information regarding the lightbars and pods. Wayyyy too much to sort through. I'm simply looking for a bright lightbar that won't break the bank and is relatively easy to install. I don't know anything about the misc. companies. If someone could steer me in the right direction, that would be great. I see a ton of cheapies on Amazon and eBay, but I'm leery about getting a crap product.

Thank you!

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would try and find a body shop that will replace the bumper. I just got in an accident last two weeks ago, scuffed the bumper and put a tiny crack in it that you can't even see in the wheel well. State farm said they would quote for a repair.

My body guy, and friend of mine told me he would be replacing the bumper and not doing what they "wanted" to cut corners on money.

OP
OP
B

BeachinIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI.
Re: Lightbars...there are so many different companies and eBay/Amazon sellers. If you're happy with your product, can you recommend someone specific? I'm looking for 30" curved. Also, what wattage should I be looking for? I want it to be bright, as it will be used on the beach at night, rural areas at night and during foul weather.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately the seller I bought mine from no longer has the listing available.

But mine was a no name brand anyways.

I have a 30" curved spot/flood combo 300watts.

It is plenty bright for me.

How often do you plan on using it?

OP
OP
B

BeachinIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI.
Unfortunately the seller I bought mine from no longer has the listing available.

But mine was a no name brand anyways.

I have a 30" curved spot/flood combo 300watts.

It is plenty bright for me.

How often do you plan on using it?

Thanks for the info. Figure once or twice a month.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For only a couple times a month I'd definetley go with the less expensive option of ebay or Amazon.