2014 Power Wagon Unveiled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
All this talk of cosmetics (perhaps many didn't follow the link and scroll through all the photos ?) and no one has anything to say about the drivetrain or suspension?

Why change the entire front suspension? One Lower Control Arm looks weak, and that hideous linkage designed to keep the diff located at the right angle really looks like a failure just waiting to happen.

Then the rear; Is this the standard '14 and up Coil Spring Suspension? Again, the 'mystery Third "kicker" shock has re-appeared, and although I would have to believe it rides smoother on paved roads, to build in enough articulation, they sure added an insane number of bushings and pivot / twist points. Man, all of those molded "free floating" bushings... anyone else wonder how long those are going to last? I can't imagine that design holding up to years of torque, lateral loads, and all the flexing and twisting that Off Roaders, let alone Power Wagon operators will expose it to. Sure is a lot of rubber trying to control some really strong forces there. Breakage and Monkey Motion is bound to result, IMHO. Every Police Package Charger I have seen has ripped the snot out of very similar looking front suspension bushings.

*Monkey-Motion = Technical Term.

And why go away from the ever-popular BFG A/T's to Goodyear tires? They need a good scapegoat to blame when those big blocky M/T's start to wear all funny and make a bunch of noise and vibrate ?

I love the effort of attempts at building a "new" smoother, more durable and flexible suspension design, but I can't say that so far I am impressed with the results. Think I'll keep my good old fashioned stagecoach springs for now. ...and my bulletproof BFG A/T's!

Last edited:

wyohunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Got a build date and VIN on my April 21 2014 order. Will post pics when arrived and access added. Estimated ship date per Dodge of 5-21.

As to above, time will tell but upfit should be strong. Coils handle the rough and wash boards much better than leaves on the 2500's I drove.

wyohunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yes, but those are base prices. Most trucks will have at least some options added to them.

When i went to unhaggle.com to see what the "invoice" price would be on a fully loaded Laramie PM, it was above $60k. The SLT with a decent amount of options was well into the $50's. I paid $42k for my 2013. That's a huge difference.

Folks the Laramie PW I ordered will be out the door priced at $50,500. No sun roof and no ram box (need the standard bed for headache rack and inside mount items) not the 60 people are talking about. Well worth it when you look at Raptors or a off road enhanced F250.