Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AustinsRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 2014 ram 1500 Express at a really good price but still wanted the sport interior and exterior look. I luckily found a parting out 2018 ram 1500 sport and decided to take everything out of it to upgrade my truck.

I have already pulled out my whole interior and replaced it with the leather interior. I also turned my jumper seat into the 2018 Center console. Now to get my powered leather seats to work I tapped both front seats red pins to one of my 12v lighters (I think but it works lol)

Now my problem is a lot of things are not working that I have no idea how to get working. I can make harnesses if needed just need to know what pin connectors I need and where can I order wire.
Things that aren’t working:
-Heated/Cooling Seats
-Heated Steering wheel
-All my Center Console Outlets have no power but Aux Works
-Power Outlet Inverter

I haven’t installed my 2018 8.4touchscreen yet because I’m not sure what all I need to do in order to get the CarPlay and the screen working especially since my Center Console isn’t working. I did pull the AC module off the 2018 but I couldn’t take the harness because it merged into the main harness.

If someone can please help me out, really trying to get this project complete so I can start working on the exterior sport look. If any pictures are needed of what I’ve already done, just let me know. I will also answer any questions and show the finished product for anyone trying to do the same thing as me. Thanks!

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
All the info you need is in the D.I.Y section,there is a thread on converting an express to heated and cooled seats,can buy the harness required there also.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 2014 ram 1500 Express at a really good price but still wanted the sport interior and exterior look. I luckily found a parting out 2018 ram 1500 sport and decided to take everything out of it to upgrade my truck.

I have already pulled out my whole interior and replaced it with the leather interior. I also turned my jumper seat into the 2018 Center console. Now to get my powered leather seats to work I tapped both front seats red pins to one of my 12v lighters (I think but it works lol)

Now my problem is a lot of things are not working that I have no idea how to get working. I can make harnesses if needed just need to know what pin connectors I need and where can I order wire.
Things that aren’t working:
-Heated/Cooling Seats
-Heated Steering wheel
-All my Center Console Outlets have no power but Aux Works
-Power Outlet Inverter

I haven’t installed my 2018 8.4touchscreen yet because I’m not sure what all I need to do in order to get the CarPlay and the screen working especially since my Center Console isn’t working. I did pull the AC module off the 2018 but I couldn’t take the harness because it merged into the main harness.

If someone can please help me out, really trying to get this project complete so I can start working on the exterior sport look. If any pictures are needed of what I’ve already done, just let me know. I will also answer any questions and show the finished product for anyone trying to do the same thing as me. Thanks!
Unless your truck is a regular cab you have none of the correct wiring. If you have a Quad Cab or Crew Cab you will need to install a conversion harness. You can't just install the seats or other options and have it all just work. You will need to enable the correct codes plus add any wiring you don't have. This is a common upgrade that tons of people have done but you need to research the D.I.Y section so you can understand what is necessary to make everything work. I have a 14 Express and have pretty much added every option there is.
You will need the Alfa OBD to enable the codes.
You will need to install a conversion harness for the seats if you have a Quad Cab or Crew Cab( contact Mike @M2mods in the vendor section of the forum.
You will need a conversion harness. HVAC module plus the 8.4 bezel to install the 8.4 radio which is also supplied by M2mods.
You can 100% make your truck everything you are wanting to do if you take your time and do your research

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AustinsRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless your truck is a regular cab you have none of the correct wiring. If you have a Quad Cab or Crew Cab you will need to install a conversion harness. You can't just install the seats or other options and have it all just work. You will need to enable the correct codes plus add any wiring you don't have. This is a common upgrade that tons of people have done but you need to research the D.I.Y section so you can understand what is necessary to make everything work. I have a 14 Express and have pretty much added every option there is.
You will need the Alfa OBD to enable the codes.
You will need to install a conversion harness for the seats if you have a Quad Cab or Crew Cab( contact Mike @M2mods in the vendor section of the forum.
You will need a conversion harness. HVAC module plus the 8.4 bezel to install the 8.4 radio which is also supplied by M2mods.
You can 100% make your truck everything you are wanting to do if you take your time and do your research

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Okay so I have AlfaOBD for enabling the codes and I also just bought a case of wiring so I can make harnesses. I will probably have to buy M2mods radio and HVAC conversion harness but for the steering wheel and seats, can’t I just make my own harness? I was able to wire my power seats but they only work when on the RUN position. I wasn’t able to find a constant power wire to tap into. Also what AWG wire should I be using?

My truck is the 2014 crew cab express. I put the 2018 cluster I got into it but wasn’t able to correct my odometer. My scanner kept disconnecting when I clicked Start. I’m not sure if it’s because I have a cheap scanner or if it’s because the cluster is a 2018? I still ordered the OBDLink MX+ which comes tomorrow so I’ll give it a shot again.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay so I have AlfaOBD for enabling the codes and I also just bought a case of wiring so I can make harnesses. I will probably have to buy M2mods radio and HVAC conversion harness but for the steering wheel and seats, can’t I just make my own harness? I was able to wire my power seats but they only work when on the RUN position. I wasn’t able to find a constant power wire to tap into. Also what AWG wire should I be using?

My truck is the 2014 crew cab express. I put the 2018 cluster I got into it but wasn’t able to correct my odometer. My scanner kept disconnecting when I clicked Start. I’m not sure if it’s because I have a cheap scanner or if it’s because the cluster is a 2018? I still ordered the OBDLink MX+ which comes tomorrow so I’ll give it a shot again.
That's the problem, your truck doesn't have any of the wiring you will need. You need to run the constant positive from the PDC (fuse box) for the power seats plus several other wires that come from the PDC for the heated/vented seats that are ignition on run power plus connect to the CAN system in the truck for the heat, vent and memory. This is not the type of thing you can install in the truck and do a clean install unless you source the correct pins and connectors. You will at least need the pins to connect to the PDC. I would reccomend biting the bullet and buying the conversion harness from M2mods. It will fit perfectly and have all the correct connectors and pins. My truck was the first one done and I built my own harness but didn’t want to spend the time and effort to run the wires all the way from the PDC inside the truck until I could see if it actually worked so I used a relay for the ignition on run power ect. I bought all the correct pins and connectors do I didn't have to butcher all the seat harnesses. It worked fine but I don't reccomend doing it that way. Your PDC already has all the corrected relays and fuses installed for the seats to work properly. All you need to do is pop it out and pin the connectors in the back of it. I have since removed that harness and installed one from M2mods. I enclosed the schematics if you're set on building your own harness plus a pic of the back of the PDC where the wires for the seats connect in the factory configuration. You can see where I've pinned the wires from the M2mods harness to the connectors in the PDC.40e7aa499f990c88f75948e716274425.jpg7fa044ddbd414d553233fb21d0c69a56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AustinsRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I’m going to go ahead with making my own harness because I can’t afford all those harnesses at the moment. Maybe in the future I’ll rip it out and put in the clean one from m2mods. Do you know the part number for the pins needed for the PDC and do you mind sending me the link to that post of your PDC and wiring diagram.

I read your post on heated seats and read the google drive that was posted and it all makes sense to me. I’m wondering how I would wire cooling seats as well?

OP
OP
A

AustinsRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the problem, your truck doesn't have any of the wiring you will need. You need to run the constant positive from the PDC (fuse box) for the power seats plus several other wires that come from the PDC for the heated/vented seats that are ignition on run power plus connect to the CAN system in the truck for the heat, vent and memory. This is not the type of thing you can install in the truck and do a clean install unless you source the correct pins and connectors. You will at least need the pins to connect to the PDC. I would reccomend biting the bullet and buying the conversion harness from M2mods. It will fit perfectly and have all the correct connectors and pins. My truck was the first one done and I built my own harness but didn’t want to spend the time and effort to run the wires all the way from the PDC inside the truck until I could see if it actually worked so I used a relay for the ignition on run power ect. I bought all the correct pins and connectors do I didn't have to butcher all the seat harnesses. It worked fine but I don't reccomend doing it that way. Your PDC already has all the corrected relays and fuses installed for the seats to work properly. All you need to do is pop it out and pin the connectors in the back of it. I have since removed that harness and installed one from M2mods. I enclosed the schematics if you're set on building your own harness plus a pic of the back of the PDC where the wires for the seats connect in the factory configuration. You can see where I've pinned the wires from the M2mods harness to the connectors in the PDC.40e7aa499f990c88f75948e716274425.jpg7fa044ddbd414d553233fb21d0c69a56.jpg

I think I’m going to go ahead with making my own harness because I can’t afford all those harnesses at the moment. Maybe in the future I’ll rip it out and put in the clean one from m2mods. Do you know the part number for the pins needed for the PDC and do you mind sending me the link to that post of your PDC and wiring diagram.

I read your post on heated seats and read the google drive that was posted and it all makes sense to me. I’m wondering how I would wire cooling seats as well?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The cooling seats are wired the same as the heated seats. Look at the yellow connector on the drivers seat. Pins# 7 and 8 pink wire with yellow stripe are for the heated, vented seat power that comes from the PDC. It has to be ignition on run power. Pin# 14 solid red is constat power from the PDC You will need to run the correct wires from the drivers side 20 pin gray seat connector pin#s 3,5,6,15 and 19 to the passenger side yellow seat connector for the passenger side heat and vent plus the power wires from the PDC to pin# 14 red wire constant positive and RD/LG ign on run to the passenger side yellow connector. You will need to run pin# 12 and 13 from the 20 pin drivers seat connector to the CAN IHS located begind the drivers side kick panel. I don't have the pin#s for the PDC connectors but you are going to need them in order to connect to the PDC. The thread is super long on the heated/ vented seat install but I belive Deer Guy posted the correct part#s for the pins for the PDC somewhere within the first 100 posts or so when he started to figure out his harness.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drivers side yellow connector 810883718fda1eaa3b97ec79a590bdee.jpg0151e17aa455d60dcc2deb4bb23683a6.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Passenger seat yellow connector b44ecc40f98ecb9feb91e6b2982ec6d9.jpg25036415a5bebe1c29f9ef9ebcb52305.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Driver's seat gray connector 87ed84c182219a44c6e21bd2a40d3817.jpg3a2f23e6e0afde3eef58fff1d1d52c07.jpg

OP
OP
A

AustinsRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay I’m pretty confident in wiring this up.

Now for the steering wheel, I want to get the gear up and down button working instead of the column shifter button. I was comparing the wiring behind the steering wheel with my old one and new one and it looks like these Red and GR/WT wire are added in the new wheel for the gear up and down. I was thinking about tapping into my wire coming down the column shifter and tapping it into these two wires. Do you think I should give it a shot or don’t even bother?
Driver's seat gray connector 87ed84c182219a44c6e21bd2a40d3817.jpg3a2f23e6e0afde3eef58fff1d1d52c07.jpg

530D5A20-549A-476D-B7CA-94793A95E6A7.jpeg

A21F2F4E-3CB2-46AF-A5FA-D0A2E80FD604.jpeg

DF673578-B252-4657-86F1-C96F93468429.jpeg

9E03B975-02F0-4E29-9F66-094D200947B4.jpeg

hbseth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Mega 2500
Engine
Cummins
How did this go? I feel like my existing wiring for my 2013 Laramie is all there and ready, I just may have to change some things to get heated/vented seats and steering wheel to work again. All of the soft keys are visible just not enabled. No change after upgrading the driver seat module so now I'm looking into building a modified harness of some kind.