2014 Ram 1500 subwoofer/box options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnmotown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok looks like Santa gave me a gift to upgrade my entire stereo system in my ride. My truck is a quad cab with the uconnect-3 (5" screen)?

Anyways, I'm going with the Pioneer AVH-2330NEX double din up front with the factory connections to retain all the controls like usual. Last year I already upgrade the front dash speakers with some Alpine ones and made a good difference.

So now.....I need to decide on which front/rear door speakers to get, I won't be adding an amp to them, just using the Pioneer deck. Also what type of subwoofer box and subs (yes 2 subs) I can put underneath the rear seat. I would like to get 12" subs but don't mind 10" pair if the sound/bass quality is the same. And of course a matching amp for it. I like to listen to old school rap/rock/alternative..etc

I tried a search and just got overwhelmed on some stuff. I seen the hifisound connection site with their combo kit and seemed like a decent price and product?
https://www.hifisoundconnection.com...-Box-Enclosure-CX1200.1-Amp-KICKER16-PACK2344

Also found the FoxBox but with shipping its almost $300 for the box alone:
http://www.foxacoustics.com/ShoppingCart.asp

What are some options I can go with? I'm not trying to win a DB sound contest lol! Just want some good sounding bass so I can **** off my neighbors hahaha!

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a prefab box in my 14 and it was less then impressive and very limited with what subs fit in it. Have a fox box in the 18 and I would never go back to a prefab even if it was free. Fox has a decent amount of air space deep enough for plenty of subs and strong enough to stand up to whatever you put in it. Comes with seat spacers and leaves room for grills. Hands down fox box

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes they come with the box if you buy one but either way yes with them you can fold the seat down

OP
OP
tnmotown

tnmotown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a prefab box in my 14 and it was less then impressive and very limited with what subs fit in it. Have a fox box in the 18 and I would never go back to a prefab even if it was free. Fox has a decent amount of air space deep enough for plenty of subs and strong enough to stand up to whatever you put in it. Comes with seat spacers and leaves room for grills. Hands down fox box

Yeah I’m thinking I probably shouldn’t skimp out on a good sub box, but damn $300 seems pricey for just an enclosure lol.
Although that foxbox does have 1.55 of cf space whereas the other ones are just .65 cf

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Worth every penny. It's one of those been there done that and wish I didn't waste my money and time over a couple hundred difference

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I had the fox box as well (dual 12's vented) and my friend has the fox box (dual 10's vented, Alpine type R's)
Their enclosures are worth the money, and the enclosure is the most important part of the bass equation bar none. I had Alpine type S 12's and they were loud and affordable (500 watts each)...not the best sound quality but they boogied pretty good. I replaced them with Arc Audio Black 12's and never looked back...amazing subs but not cheap.
For the record, my friends 10" type R's were just as loud as my type S 12's (can't remember how much power he is giving them??) and the type R's are a much better sub then their type S little brother. The second most important part IMO, is matching the sub(s) with the available airspace provided regardless of what enclosure you buy. You listen to the same type of music as me, if I were to do it all over again, I would go with 10's for a few reasons....the 10's attacked a bit sharper on the kick drum...a tighter punch. My twelves (especially the type S) were a bit mushy compared to the 10's...also, I had to back the 12's down a bit because they would easily over-power my system at the time and since you are going off head unit power, I can see the same happening to you....two 10's if done correctly, will get very very loud....you'll have the best of both worlds....punchy bass, the 10's will dig deep and not break a sweat, they'll be more affordable, you may be able to keep seat height factory?? WIN WIN. Good luck

OP
OP
tnmotown

tnmotown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So would I be better off with a vented or non-vented box? I’ll look over some choices of subs for the 10” box and see what’s out there.

I’ll be having an amp to power the subs just not the door speakers.

I’m looking at the pioneer 1600 watt mono block and Kicker comp R subs. I think they might do?

OilfieldLife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the fox box 12" duals vented. I love it definitely a quality box. They also have a cupholder add on since it covers the factory cupholders. I recommend adding that on as well. Lifting the seat for the box to fit with the supplied spacers took approx 30 min. The whole install was fairly easy and straight forward. Plus it sounds great. If going with dual 10s id get the vented for sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Have the single box sub enclosure foxbox. Works well, delivers and tucks away well.42eaabd76b5857448663637913026b51.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Another vote for the foxbox. I got the dual 12" Vented on sale a while back and tossed in my old Cerwin Vegas that I had from an old build several years ago. They aren't ideal for the enclosure so I had to do some tuning with Poly Fill mat, but if you stick to the recommended subs the box is tuned pretty damn well as shipped.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
So would I be better off with a vented or non-vented box? I’ll look over some choices of subs for the 10” box and see what’s out there.

I’ll be having an amp to power the subs just not the door speakers.

I’m looking at the pioneer 1600 watt mono block and Kicker comp R subs. I think they might do?
Vented or sealed depends on which subs you choose. Check out the subs space requirements for each application and see what will work best.
If you're looking for the highest output, vented would be the way to go (as long as airspace is close to correct) For a tighter, more musical flatter frequency response, go sealed.
If you get 1600 watts, that's plenty to make a sealed application boogie.
I'm not a fan of Kicker subs but it's your truck. Best of luck!

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another vote for the foxbox. I have the single 10 drivers side vented and it does the job fine with an RE Audio scx10 in it. The airspace was in the required range for the sub, so it came out good. Not overbearing and sounds really good.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
That amp and box will work fine with the CWR woofers Hifi suggest.
A Foxbox will make the CWR louder for sure, especially if vented. But also note, the woofers max power handling goes down in a vented enclosure.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will pound better then most dual 10s if you buy it in a stealthbox

No Ram Stealthboxes come with W6s. That said, a single 12W6 or 10W6 in a quality enclosure will definitely kick ass. I recommend the Net Audio boxes but, based on the OP’s reaction to the Fox Box price, JL and Net Audio are probably over his budget.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No Ram Stealthboxes come with W6s. That said, a single 12W6 or 10W6 in a quality enclosure will definitely kick ass. I recommend the Net Audio boxes but, based on the OP’s reaction to the Fox Box price, JL and Net Audio are probably over his budget.

Yeah didnt read the whole post. Haha

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always read the whole thread before responding.

OP
OP
tnmotown

tnmotown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well sorry for the delay, got a little busy with work.
So Santa came and got me this:
https://flic.kr/p/2b4tSYs

I think it’s a nice setup and good quality. I have infinity front dash speakers and they sound amazing with the amp now. The stock door speakers are ok, but I’m thinking about replacing soon with 6.5 fronts and 6x9 rears.

The bass quality is nice and hidden so I can still store stuff underneath. I’m going to put spacers on the seat brackets to raise it, so the sub isn’t hitting the bottom of the seat