2014 Ram 1500 subwoofer/box options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I run the MRV-M250 alpine amp, the little brother of that MRV-M500 but it puts out the same power as that M500 which is weird... 250rms @2ohm and 150rms at 4ohm. Either way, paired it up with a kicker RT shallow 8” DVC 1 ohm and it hits pretty good!

I’ve always done ported enclosures bc they are louder but I’ve been really loving the sealed enclosures (stock and home made) in my 18 Laramie with the alpine system. Plus I get to keep my fold flat floor :)

OP
OP
tnmotown

tnmotown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run the MRV-M250 alpine amp, the little brother of that MRV-M500 but it puts out the same power as that M500 which is weird... 250rms @2ohm and 150rms at 4ohm. Either way, paired it up with a kicker RT shallow 8” DVC 1 ohm and it hits pretty good!

I’ve always done ported enclosures bc they are louder but I’ve been really loving the sealed enclosures (stock and home made) in my 18 Laramie with the alpine system. Plus I get to keep my fold flat floor :)

I asked the sales guy about running a ported box, but he was saying sealed would be better since the box has limited air space. This amp and sub paired together hits pretty damn good for being a single 10"

I also just ordered some 3-way front door 6x9 pioneers and rear door 6x9 kickers. That should help give it more sound too.

I initially wanted to get a double din deck because some screens were almost 7" big. But I really like having the "factory look" so I'm probably going to save up for the 8.4 upgrade.

Jalynsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I asked the sales guy about running a ported box, but he was saying sealed would be better since the box has limited air space. This amp and sub paired together hits pretty damn good for being a single 10"

I also just ordered some 3-way front door 6x9 pioneers and rear door 6x9 kickers. That should help give it more sound too.

I initially wanted to get a double din deck because some screens were almost 7" big. But I really like having the "factory look" so I'm probably going to save up for the 8.4 upgrade.

Do you have any pictures that you can post of your sub setup? I am looking into adding a single sub powered by an amp to my truck soon. I have a 1200 W Pioneer amp in my old truck that I thought about robbing to put in this truck, but I am now leaning towards just buying a whole new setup. I'm not too crazy about raising the rear seat, but I will if I have to. Also, does your box cover the rear cup holders? I have two kids that ride in my truck a lot so I need to make sure the cup holders are still usable.

On another note, Your truck looks awesome! I searched for one of the same color but couldn't find one near me that was in my price range. The black rims look great with that paint!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93