2014-Replacing Rear Shocks... 21mm crows foot for the job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmg97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The youtube video I watched made it look like quite a job. Pulling the hub, dropping the control arms etc.

Me too. Was hoping someone had some other experience / easier way

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Front isn't bad . Some people have you remove more parts than needed. Only thing I had to disconnect was , sway bar end link upper end. Pop tie rod and upper ball joint. Wire up the brake caliper so it don't hang by the line. I usually put a jack stand under the front cross member favoring the side you are working on. Remove tire. put floor Jack under the control arm to support it near lower BJ while you remove all of the fore mentioned items . then undo the 3 15mm nuts on the top of strut and the bottom strut bolt . lower jack and remove strut. start to finish should be less than 45 min per side to swap. if you are swapping springs add 5 min . Leave sway bar end links off until you are done and truck is sitting on its tires then do both sides

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Are the rear shocks the same for 2WD and 4WD?

As far as installation goes yes they install the same way. As far as choices you'll see a lot more options shopping the 4x4 side even if your truck is rwd only.

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just did this. After an hour and a half trying to come from the opposite side, across the top of the fuel tank with about 4 different sockets and elbow combinations, I ended up heating a wrench up. I wish I knew about that kit for sure!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357